CaptainLeo1’s ATC Tracking Thread - {CLOSED] @NA (Practical PASSED!)

Yea, I typically Sequence on upwind and then clear on the end of crosswind when they start to turn to downwind… it all depends on aircraft position though.

2 Likes

Hey everyone once y’all finish here at Fresno why not hop over to DCA I’ll be controlling over there.

1 Like

I was just about to edit my comment and say it depends on traffic and aircraft positioning but seems you’re clear on that lol, again, good work as always. Now go take that practical lol

1 Like

Low key wanna see how fast I can get from KFAT to KDCA in an F22 but I decided against that lmao

1 Like

Haahah yes! There has been some conflict in my training process so I am currently starting up training again on Monday. But I feel like I could take the practical right now lol. Also of course your always welcome to come! :)

1 Like

Hi there and thanks for controlling today. I was N231ZB, and here is some feedback:

• Very early clearances, try to sequence and/or clear aircraft when they are at early downwind/late crosswind. (02:42)

• When I requested a runway change back to 29L, as you see, N629LO was rotating I believe. What you could’ve done instead of putting me on right downwind for 29L, you could’ve asked me to “extend upwind” until N629LO was on downwind and could’ve told me to enter left downwind for runway 29L and then sequence me. This is one thing they will get you for in the practical. They wanna make sure you know the meanings of all the commands and how to use them, so look out for that. (02:55)

• Keep in mind, smaller aircraft do smaller patterns. So instead of sequencing me number 3 behind N629LO, you could’ve sequenced me number 1 for runway 29L, sequenced N629LO number 2 for 29L, then sequenced N546GL. Now what I would’ve done is, waited till N546GL was a little closer, then I would’ve sequenced him to avoid mine and N629LO 9 mile final essentially. But usually, smaller aircraft will fly smaller patterns so I could’ve flew probably 2 more patterns by time N546GL was even close. But all aircraft got down safely and that’s all that really matters. (02:56)

Overall, I think you did really good and just need to work on the “extend upwind” command. I know you said you knew about the sequencing part, but I decided to throw it in to give some tips. Fee free to tag me your next session, and I will hop in if I’m available!

You’ve probably seen these but watch and read these and take notes all you can! They will help during your practical!

Hope to see you part of IFATC soon!

-IFATC VulicityHD

1 Like

Don’t worry about the seuencing behind the inbound. I made the same mistake before and that was in a training session. My one comment is make sure I am stopping and not taking off again. You gave me a runway exit command as I was taking off again.

Overall good job and I hope to see you controlling the expert skies soon.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your feedback! Regarding the takeoff issue/touch and go yea that was an accident and I forgot to say disregard last message. Sorry, but Thanks for coming :)

1 Like

Hi @VulicityHD thank you for your feedback and sorry for the late response! I did acknowlage all of these issues but with the issue regarding the inbound aircraft I do understand that I could have sequenced you and colin first but I did not want to risk either one of you having to go around because of having 3 aircraft on final, but I will defenitly take this into consideration, and of course thank you for coming :)

1 Like

Ok boys i’m back open again ( at KFAT) so @anon38496261 @ToasterStroodie @MattPHX @FlightLA205 @Jaylan_Brown @Captain_Cign @Aviation3 @VulicityHD @APH71 @CPT_HILD feel free to come by I am opening now, and I will be open for the next hour or so :)

2 Likes

Stoping by

1 Like

I’ll land my flight in 20-30 minutes and then I’ll be there!

1 Like

Mfw I can’t find KFAT anywhere on my map despite flying there so many times for ATC thread stuff

1 Like

Yo can you check the airport weather on your screen real quickly? For me it says the 29 runways are red

1 Like

I would just like to make a quick statement in regards to “Active Runways” this is not directed at anyone specifically but I notice that many people either are unaware or don’t understand.

It takes time for the runways shown on the map and the runways shown in commands to sync which can result in misunderstanding amongst pilots and ATC, I have spoke with Tyler Shelton and he told me that there is a delay in regards to the runway syncing thats why it is always best to look at the METAR for airports. But anyways the active runways currently are 29L and 29R

1 Like

Thx for the clear up! Also I’ll brb

1 Like

I’m coming over!

1 Like

No comments from me, good work!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for coming! :)

1 Like

That was awesome!

My only thing that’s even not even that bad and probably isn’t even wrong is that the clearance for the option could have been a little later, perhaps once I was definitely on downwind.

1 Like