Captainflight's ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @LFBO didn't pass

Welcome to @Captainflight . ATC Thread. I want to IFATC one day and making this thread to get experienced and more operations. Also any Feedback and helpful tips are helpful for me: )

(For departing aircraft: Unless you are flying patterns, please file your flight plan before contacting ATC.)

Also

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing touch & go’s/patterns! Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command.

*Check above *

Airport :

LFBO

Server :
Training

1 Like

The Tower/Ground is open!!!

The Tower/Ground is closed

OPEN

VABB TOWER AND GROUND ARE OPEN !!

Please revise the pattern management section of the ATC manual. In particular, every circuit for every aircraft in a pattern requires:

• Traffic direction (initial takeoff) or pattern entry (inbound)
  • Sequence when not first
  • Clearance

This is not optional and you should be able to do it in your sleep.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback ! I will revise the documents and can you please send me the IF link for ATC Section that would be helpful @powdarrmonkey.

Here you go.
You are supposed to read and know all chapters to be ready for IFATC exams and preform good controlling on expert server eventually. Everything you need to know is in there.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hello. I just did one pattern. As suggested above, you should read how to control pattern work.

You should have cleared me when I was established on downwind or even earlier given I was the only traffic. As such you did not clear me at all so I landed without clearance (this why I reported on final, otherwise there is no need for pattern traffic to report their position).

Good luck.

1 Like

So if you were the only plane and doing a pattern do I just clear you to land at XX runway once have taken off?

VABB TOWER and GROUND ARE CLOSED

Please tag me for next time and I’d be happy to attend :)

1 Like

Hi. You would clear me for the option at your discretion, but with no other traffic it can be done fairly quickly. The manual probably addresses this.

1 Like

It might also be good to do some pattern work on the expert server, and you can learn by example.

1 Like

VABB is now open

Please Join!!

Session is closed please provide any feedback if you have any!

Bruh u closed when I was coming

1 Like

Sorry about that but I might be open Tomorrow .

Hey @Captainflight, thanks for the service. Wish I could have stayed longer, but here are my observations:

• 0056Z - No pattern entry was provided for my runway change.
  • 0100Z - I didn’t receive a runway exit command, just an instruction to contact ground.

Explanations

• Runway changes always require a pattern entry, sequence (if applicable) and a clearance, with a direction attached to the clearance if the pilot is remaining in the pattern. Since I was the only one there, a pattern entry onto right downwind for runway 14 would have been perfect, and then you could have cleared just like you did.

• Try to issue runway exit instructions when you can. Aim for when the aircraft is at 60-70kts GS (for jets) and 20-40kts GS (for GA aircraft). It’s good that you told me to contact ground, but that can be prevented by using runway exit commands.

Additional Notes:

• When correcting yourself, I recommend using “correction, stand by” or “disregard last message”. This will tell the pilot that you’re amending the statement instead of sending what could appear to be a duplicate message.

• The minimum visibility requirements for patternwork are 3SM/5000m. Mumbai rarely gets visibility that suits these requirements, so I highly recommend changing your airport so that you can legally allow patterns. Please let me know if you’ve having trouble finding some other places to practice.

Overall, it was a solid session. As long as you keep opening up and reviewing the ATC Manual, you’ll become a pro at managing your pattern in no time. :)

2 Likes

So for changing runway do I say turn right downwind for 14? @TaipeiGuru