CaptainEwan’s ATC Tracking Thead - [CLOSED] @ OMDB

Alright I’m at LFPG (Paris) on ground and tower! Feel free to stop by and do some patterns!

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to now, but id love to come help you out this weekend?!

That would be great, but not sure if I can Since I have A busy weekend.

1 Like

Also since Friday is my last day of school, ill be able to help you all summer honestly!!

Great! Happy early summer, I’ve got 3 more weeks!

1 Like

Well I’m at Honolulu now! Same as before!

1 Like

Oh wow that’s a lot. Thank you also!!

Hello!
Thank you for the service. I was CC-NPR and I have some feedback and advice for you.

(See below for advice regarding each situation)

• [13:02:11z] - No pattern entry for CC-NPR.
  • [13:08:23z] - Unnecessary denial of runway change to CC-NPR.
  • [13:12:29z] - Late clearance for CC-NPR.
  • [13:12:58z] - Unnecessary traffic direction for N17EE on clearance.
  • [13:17:40z] - Inefficient resolution of upwind conflict on runway change.
  • [13:17:54z] - N17EE received a clearance before a pattern entry.
  • [13:21:22z] - Late clearance for CC-NPR.
  • [13:23:24z] - Unnecessary “Hold Short” for All Nippon 263H.
  • [13:26:26z] - Late runway exit instruction for CC-NPR. (55 knots)
  • [13:27:09z] - Missed a G/A call for N17EE due to traffic in runway.

Advice:

• A pattern entry must be given for every aircraft inbound (when working with no approach controller) as well as for runway changes. The order, when inbound, must be pattern entry, sequence if needed (can be included on the pattern entry) and a clearance.

• In order to test your skills during pattern work, you shouldn’t deny runway changes prioritizing a flow control for each runway. Although it can be easier, you shouldn’t deny them.

• We usually consider a clearance late past early downwind. Always try to be proactive in assigning sequences (if applicable) and clearances as soon as you are able to do so. It will reduce your own chance of error and the pilot’s.

• Traffic direction on clearances (“make left/right traffic”) must be used on runway changes (first clearance only), inbound for T&G and take off clearances (remaining in the pattern). Once the aircraft has already performed a departure or T&G on the same runway they are intending to land, no traffic direction is required as the pilot is expected to follow the same direction that the previous pattern.

• Whenever you face an upwind conflict on parallel runways, where you have two aircrafts and one of them is requesting change to the other runway, follow these steps for an efficient resolution:

Runway Change on Upwind Conflict

• Since there was no aircraft inbound for runway 16L, All Nippon 263H could have been cleared for T/O with no problems. Always be proactive on making these kind of decisions to increase efficiency.

• As a rule of thumb, we usually try to give exit runway instructions between 70-60 knots for jets and 40-30 knots for general aviation aircrafts. Although, it’s not an optional command to send, priority must be given to critical instructions (i.e. Go-Around). (Ground Speeds)

• Controllers are expected to be aware of their airspace and airport at all times. This becomes a matter of extreme importance when you have an aircraft on final; as you must ensure that the proper separation between arrival/arrival is met. In the case there’s a chance of it being broken, you must take action and instruct a G/A with enough anticipation for the pilot to complete the maneuver.
    Remember that the minimum separation between arrivals, says that the first landing aircraft must be out of the runway by the moment that the second arrival crosses the threshold.

Solid Points:
Transition Altitude
Sequencing
Pattern Entries

Pretty good session, just a few concepts to work on. Make sure to pay attention to these issues, as although they’re light (at least most of them), they can cost you your IFATC practical.

If you’d like some in-depth review of concepts, feel free to take a read to this guide I wrote:

Let me know if you have any doubts here or by sending me a PM, I’ll be happy to help.
Cheers,
Nico

Hi nico,

Thanks for all the help. This means a ton to me, and is going to be very helpful in my written for IFATC. I will use these, and hopefully pass my written!

Thanks,

Ewan

No problem! If you have any questions, feel free to PM :)
Good luck!

Thanks! Btw im back open at RJTT, so feel free to stop by!

Training server?

1 Like

I will stop by

1 Like

Yes! I’m at Tokyo on ground and tower right now!

Thanks! What callsign?

My ccllsign is southwest 442

1 Like

Great. Thanks

Ok i see you, are you gonna do some patterns with runway changes and stuff?

Are you still available at RJTT , as in 1-2 hrs I would be landing in tokyo, if not then also no problem.

1 Like

Sorry, not today.

1 Like