Captain_Merka’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Official ATC tracking thread for @Captain_Merka.

I need to improve a lot so please give some feedback. I am a lot better than before however.

STATUS

When? 2020-01-24T04:35:00Z
Where? CYVR
What? Radar patterns (Approach)
Who? Me and hopefully you
How? Flying
Why? I don’t even know at this point…

My last one became uneditable.

5 Likes

I will be opening in 45 minutes at Boeing Field. If anyone wants to do a transition, that would help me a lot.

1 Like

I’ll be there building landings. After some pattern work I don’t mind departing and transitioning through.

2 Likes

Thanks. I need to work on transitions. See you in 20 minutes. Thanks for being willing to stop by

Open right now! Stop by!

I’d love feedback.

@Eseriess I see you!

@Captain_Merka to let you know, transition altitude should be at least 2500agl, so in this case 2500 for transition will be fine:)

1 Like

Coming. Let’s go trick this Captain America!

1 Like

Oops was on expert. Changing now.

1 Like

No problemo

Another thing is maybe send an exit runway slightly later, I was decelerating when you sent the exit runway, so maybe target around 50-60kt and then send the command

1 Like

Sorry probably could’ve cleared you

Hey are you still open?

Will be open for 30 more minutes at least

1 Like

2 things.
You cleared me for the option too late, you should clear aircraft as soon as possible preferably when theyre on downwind (on a pattern)

You told me to enter left downwind rwy 34L after I was airborne, it was unneeded. Only message you needed to use was “cleared for the option”, no sequencing since I was the only one in the pattern.

To my knowledge pattern entry instructions are used for go arounds, inbound aircraft, and runway changes, correct me if im wrong
Some of this info might be wrong, I’m still learning and am no expert, apart from that good job :)

1 Like

N15TRAN:

Had to go, but you just have to tell the aircraft what up. All of your commands were late. It is so convient when you do stuff earlier and think of situations that could occur.

1 Like

Um ok… is left downwind my left from the south or left from the location of the active runway? 🤔

1 Like

Left downwind is the downwind leg of a pattern with left turns.

1 Like

Ok, I will work on earlier clearances

I learned everything I know from ATC tutorials on YouTube and ATC Training sessions. I believe with your last paragraph, I am correct.