Captain incapacitated on flight

I guess on long hauls they should have medical equipment on board

No biggie, we all have momentary lapses… 😁

2 Likes

Ya, I looked it up, and atleast the FAA requires EFA equipment, AED, and O2, as well as the FAs knowing how to use all of it…

2 Likes

Well that’s good to know 👍

2 Likes

I am a bit surprised there is no requirements for an Epe-Pen. If you need one of those you need it. I mean from cursing altitude you have atleast probably 10 mins till EMS can get you, you can’t wait that long for an Epi-Pen in some cases, and it’s a fairly readily available piece of equipment too…

1 Like

People with severe alergies carry epe-pens with them

And there’s a wide range of allergies to counteract with an epe pen and the medicine goes out of date so for air lines it’s not manageable

Uh, ya, they should, but if you forget? I mean it happens, I knew (past tense since he moved, he’s fine) someone with severe allergies. Just slipped out of his mind once, and someone near him was eating what he was allergic to, he had a reaction, and luckily since he was at a school the nurse had one (I actually think they didn’t end up using it, but still). I mean it happens, and it is easy enough to use, and fairly readily available, so I’m surprised they don’t require it…

I’m not sure what you mean here, but you have a decent point on the second half…

They don’t require it because the person with the allergy is required for their own safety to have one with them at all times and if they forget it’s not the airlines fault

1 Like

There isn’t just one or two allergies for epe pens there’s many

It’s not the airlines fult if the patent has sudden cardiac arrest, but they train there FAs in CPR, and have an AED

1 Like

Yes I know but they I’m talking about the requirements

It’s just one Epi-Pen, there aren’t different types. It treats the reaction not the allergy.

Oh, shiza 😆

1 Like

Both of those things are required, because they can work to save as many lives as possible, there fult or not… 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

It’s fine, we’re not doctors, I just know a thing or two about them since I have one…

1 Like

Nuts aren’t aloud nor served on a plane 😏

1 Like

And nuts are far from the only life threatening allergy…

1 Like

Airlines tend to avoid things that cause allergic reactions

1 Like