Captain incapacitated on flight

As someone who us certified as a Life Guard in the US we were not required to take that. It wasn’t part of our training, but some facilities have O2 (many don’t though), and want there Guards trained to use it, so they’ll have you trained.

2 Likes

What a coincidence I’m a life guard as part time in UK. but yes, I understand what you mean.

1 Like

That’s pretty neat. Is it required over there?

EDIT: we should just go to PM actually if we want to discuss that

1 Like

I’d be fine as long as there was an announcement explaining what was happening. Since the FO flies the plane lot anyways, who know they may have been the person who took off, and I’d just be fine with the FO landing.

1 Like

Yes, it’s good to be informed about what is happening. I agree with you @JeromeJ

1 Like

Yes that is correct. EasyJet and other carriers who don’t have 3 pilots began requiring for flight attendants to take the pilots seat while they leave the cockpit.

1 Like

Yes I remember hearing this news for safety precautions after Germanwings incident

1 Like

Oxygen masks! STAT!

1 Like

Wait, can I just ask what the FA would do should something go wrong? I mean I guess just to guard the cockpit? But they would do that from the outside too…

Don’t you mean the GermanWings incident

2 Likes

Super glad the Captain is okay. Great teamwork indeed. I am also concerning the cause of the Captain’s health? How did this happen? What will be his future?

1 Like

Just less chance, they could at least try to prevent any misconduct. They assume the seat of the pilot who leaves so there is potentially someone who can unlock the door perhaps. It’s better than having one person in the cockpit with no way of anyone’s getting through the bullet proof door, the German wings disaster was truly devastating

2 Likes

Oh, like eaven if one pilot goes to the bathroom they sit there? That makes sense. I think I misunderstood you at first.

2 Likes

Yeah so there in theory should always be two people or more in the cockpit.

2 Likes

Ya, and jog my memory, the German Wings was the one whare one pilot left to go to the bathroom, and the other intentionality crashed correct? I know that crash pretty well, I just want to make sure that’s the german wings that is being referenced

2 Likes

Yep that’s the one.

2 Likes

That was bad. Another reason single pilot planes will never be a thing…

1 Like

There’s O2 masks in the cockpit

No, what me and @Ondrejj are talking about is medical O2, pretty much pure O2 to ease someone’s breathing. It can also act as a pain reliever in the short term since it calms the body down, this calming has several other positives, as well as it allows someone with breathing difficulties to get more O2…

1 Like

Oh sorry yes I should know this my sister is a nurse 😂

2 Likes