Captain_Hoss’ ATC Tracking Thread - [PASSED Practical]] @N/A

Hey IFC,
I have recently applied for IFATC. I would like for anyone to come along to my airport and do some patterns or fly-ins, even if it is for 5 mins it would be much appreciated. Feedback will be also much appreciated so that I can improve on areas that I need to.

Kind Regards

• Captain Hoss ( Chris)
5 Likes

Im coming in a couple min

1 Like

You got the transition spot on. Clearances and sequencing was perfect. But you cleared an aircraft for immediate takeoff with a plane on short final. And told the plane to maintain slowest practical speed. You cannot tell aircrafts on final what to do with their speed they already have it set and ready to land. You should have had the aircraft hold short or at least make the one on final go around but you didn’t. All in all 7/10 controlling keep it up.

All I can say is that the aircraft took off with loads of room for the aircraft landing to land safely

1 Like

Than why did you tell it to maintain slowest speed?

1 Like

Have to go, very good for what I can see

1 Like

Attention For those at my airport currently just be careful of Adria53 as he is being a bit of a troll at the moment

1 Like

I’ll come by Chris

Edit: Nevermind, you’re closing 😂

1 Like

Yeah medd a brake. I’ll control again in 1hr

2 Likes

I have decided to stay open as I’m not going out anymore

1 Like

Just remember, you can clear for takeoff the instant the previous aircraft has left the ground. (of course you do want to account for aircraft types, but the TBM has enough behind it that it doesn’t even fall under atis restrictions for “no light aircraft”).

Also be generous with sequences, you didn’t account for air france 1668 when sequencing easy 251. you can sequence aircraft behind others you arn’t quite yet talking to.(just don’t be afraid to re-sequence if things don’t end up working out)

2 Likes

Yeah, I stuffed up a bit there and yes I realised it after. Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

also you might want to on guard aircraft a bit sooner, iirc at least two planes snuck their way into the cones without a single word before you on guarded them.

If someone’s under 10,000ft within 25 nm and seems to be inbound without approach frequency active they should be talking to you.

Wth I just woke up… it is 5:31 in the morning… you still open?

1 Like

yes, he is, or at least he was about 5 minutes ago (and EGCC still shows open so…)

Timezones, and some dudes are just night owls, personally I go to bed about 7-8 am.

I’m still open

3hr going strong and gonna be open for another 2hr

2 Likes

EGCC closed

@Captain_Hoss I asked for a transition and a runway change to runway 23L and closed without no warning. Otherwise you did an alright job.

Good ATC, looks like you read up on threads, although it will be nice for there to be more traffic to see you handle pattern work for 4+ planes.

1 Like