capitaine_turrian’ ATC Tracking Thread - [Open] @ LSZH

I am an aspiring IFATC and I want to practice my general organisation with you all ! I’m opened on Tuesday, the 12th of November from 11:30Z until 12:00Z at LSZH (Zürich) on tower and ground frequencies. Thanks in advance and come !

1 Like

Hello I was DHL 120! Have some feedback for you;

Tower control

• Transitions alititude was perfect-o!
  • Pattern intstructions were good!
  • Used the correct clearance + traffic!
  • I requested a T/G and you cleared me with traffic, but when I was on left downwind in my 2nd leg you asked me for my intentions?
    When somebody is remaining in the pattern (or doing a touch and go, basically the same), it doesn’t need to report what he/she/it is going to do (Unless he/she/it is going to do a full stop),since the pilot will do some landings.
  • I was indeed on at the wrong approach, therefore good that you used the “Assign RWY” command!
  • Why couldn’t I change from runway, If I may ask? Cause in the manual it is stated that al runways need to be active.

Anway, good job and success on your journey to become an IFATC!!

1 Like

Hi @Menthesuphisth, thank you for your reply ! That’s kind of you ;) Yes indeed I then thought “why did I ask him for intentions if I knew he asked for touch and go” … 🤦🏼‍♂️I was uncertain for a while 😅But now I know, THANKS ! For the runway change, I did not find the command to give you the possibility to change runway ^^‘
Anyway, do not hesitate to come back here in Zurich ;)

1 Like

If somebody request runway change you give them pattern instructions to the runway and then just clear them (+ Traffic if they want to do a T/G).

Example with me, you shoudve give me instruction to go straight into rwy XX and clear me for the option 👽👽

I’d suggest you to look at the ATC Manual and the ATC Test on Youtube!

I’d suggest to be active on an airport which has parallel runways, to gain more experience etc :-), please avoid EGLL and KLAX hahaha

I’ll come by

Great news you want to work towards IFATC!

Here are some good tips on how to create a good tracking thread:

I just noticed you’ve been open at LSZH for 23 hours. Impressive!
(Don’t forget to change your title to [CLOSED] after you close.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for your reply ;) I have taken good notes ;)
See you in infinite flight ;)

1 Like