Cape Verde Independence Day

Come celebrate Cape Verde Independence Day in an exciting fly-in/fly-out event! Located in the Atlantic Ocean off the west coast of Africa, Cape Verde is a breathtaking archipelago composed of ten volcanic islands, each with its own unique beauty. On July 5, 2024, we invite all virtual pilots from Infinite Flight to explore the natural wonders and cultural richness of this incredible destination. We’ll fly to the main airports, including GVSV, GVAC, GVBA, and GVNP, making the most of the experience.

In this event, we encourage participants to choose suggested flights in the “Suggested Routes” section, ensuring an authentic experience while exploring this unique destination. From golden sandy beaches to mountainous and volcanic landscapes, Cape Verde offers a variety of stunning scenery for pilots to explore. Join us in this celebration and discover the wonders of Cape Verde!

Server: Expert
Airport: GVSV | GVAC | GVBA | GVNP
Time:2024-07-05T07:00:00Z2024-07-06T00:58:00Z

Below are suggested routes for each of the airports included in this event. Pilots are reminded to choose one of these routes to fly during the event for a more realistic and immersive experience. These routes are based on real-life flight paths and will enhance your journey through Cape Verde’s airspace.

São Vicente (GVSV)

Aeroporto Internacional Cesária Évora – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

São Vicente Airport, located on the island of São Vicente and known as Cesária Évora International Airport, serves the city of Mindelo. This airport plays a significant role in the island’s connectivity, offering domestic and international flights. Below are the suggested flights for this airport:

Route Airline Aircraft
LPPT - GVSV TAP Airbus A320-200
EHAM - GVSV TUI Boeing 737-800
ELLX - GVSV Luxair Boeing 737-700
LFPO - GVSV Transavia Boeing 737-800

Search for other routes at Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

Sal (GVAC)

Aeroporto Internacional Amílcar Cabral – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

Sal Airport, officially known as Amílcar Cabral International Airport, is situated on the island of Sal. Serving as one of the main gateways to Cape Verde, this airport is a hub for both domestic and international flights. Below are the suggested flights for this airport:

Route Airline Aircraft
LPPT - GVAC TAP Airbus A320-200
EHAM - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDL - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EGLL - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800 or B788 or B789
EGCC - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800 or B788 or B789
EDDF - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
GOBD - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
GBYD - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EFHK - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800 or B788 or B789
GCTS - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EGPF - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EGBB - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EGNX - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDS - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
ESSA - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDV - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EBBR - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDM - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
EHEH - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
ESGG - GVAC TUI Boeing 737-800
LSZH - GVAC Edelweiss Airbus A320-200
LFPO - GVAC Transavia Boeing 737-800
EDDF - GVAC LAN Cargo Boeing 777F
LEMD - GVAC LAN Cargo Boeing 777F
EHAM - GVAC LAN Cargo Boeing 777F
ELLX - GVAC Luxair Boeing 737-700

Search for other routes at Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

Boa Vista (GVBA)

Aeroporto Internacional Aristides Pereira – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

Boa Vista Airport, located in the town of Rabil on the island of Boa Vista, is an important aviation facility serving the island. It provides both domestic and international flights, connecting Boa Vista with other islands in Cape Verde and beyond. Below are the suggested flights for this airport:

Route Airline Aircraft
LPPT - GVBA TAP Airbus A320-200
EGLL - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
EGCC - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDL - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
EBBR - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
EGBB - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDS - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
ESSA - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDV - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
EDDM - GVBA TUI Boeing 737-800
LFPO - GVBA Transavia Boeing 737-800
LSZH - GVBA Edelweiss Airbus A320-200
ELLX - GVBA Luxair Boeing 737-700

Santiago (GVNP)

Aeroporto Internacional Nelson Mandela – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

GVNP

Praia Airport, also known as Nelson Mandela International Airport, is situated in Praia, the capital city of Cape Verde, on the island of Santiago. It serves as a key aviation facility, offering domestic and international flights, connecting Santiago with other islands and destinations worldwide. Below are the suggested flights for this airport:

Route Airline Aircraft
LPPT - GVNP TAP Airbus A320-200
GMMN - GVNP Royal Air Maroc Boeing 737-800
GGOV - GVNP Royal Air Maroc Boeing 737-800
ELLX - GVNP Luxair Boeing 737-700
LFPO - GVNP Transavia Boeing 737-800

Domestic Routes

In addition to international flights, pilots participating in the event can also choose to fly domestically within Cape Verde using the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 aircraft. Below is a suggested image of routes that can be flown domestically between airports within Cape Verde.

Airline Route Aircraft Arrival Time
@QatariVirtual GMMN - GVNP Boeing 737-800 To be confirmed
@InfiniteFlightBrasil GOBD - GVAC Boeing 737-800 To be confirmed
@easyJetVirtual Not yet confirmed Not yet confirmed To be confirmed
@UPSVirtual Not yet confirmed Not yet confirmed To be confirmed
@AirEuropaVirtual LEMD - GVAC Boeing 737-800 To be confirmed
@FinnairVA EDDM - GVBA - GVAC Boeing 737-800 To be confirmed

This section will feature Virtual Airlines (VAs) as they join the event. Stay tuned as VAs join to participate in the celebration!

• I am not responsible for any violations
  • Listen to ATC at all times
  • If ATC is not present, use UNICOM correctly
  • Please be realistic as this is the Expert Server
  • Pilots are encouraged to choose a route from the suggested routes provided for a more coordinated and immersive experience during the event
  • Make sure you carry extra fuel and have plenty of time to accommodate delays!
  • Most importantly, have fun!

Don’t miss out on this exciting event celebrating Cape Verde Independence Day! Everyone is welcome to join in the festivities, from seasoned pilots to newcomers. Embark on a journey to explore the stunning landscapes and vibrant culture of Cape Verde while connecting with fellow Infinite Flight enthusiasts from around the globe. Mark your calendars for July 5, 2024, and let’s make this a memorable celebration together. We look forward to seeing you in the skies!

7 Likes

I’ll try to fly into Praia, it’s one of my favourite airports, for obvious reasons…

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is it because it is on an island? 🤔

I also like to fly to Praia, which route are you going to take?

Not really… The name of the airport is Nelson Mandela 🤭

4 Likes

I’m in, I hope a B737-700 from Cape Verde arrives, it would be cool at this event

1 Like
1 Like

It’s true, if the Cape Verde airline’s 737-700 arrives at IF, we may have more suggestions for flights

Route suggestions with Cabo Verde Airlines D4-CCF

Explore Cape Verde’s unique routes with Boeing 757-200 Cabo Verde Airlines (D4-CCF). Although this livery and the 757 aircraft are no longer in service, they still offer a memorable flying experience over Cape Verde’s beautiful landscapes. Choose a route and embark on this adventure!

Route Suggestions

I’m pleased to announce that @QatariVirtual will also be joining us at this event. I look forward to seeing you there!

1 Like

I’m pleased to announce that @InfiniteFlightBrasil will also be joining us at this event. I look forward to seeing you there!

I’m pleased to announce that @easyJetVirtual will also be joining us at this event. I look forward to seeing you there!

1 Like

I’m pleased to announce that @UPSVirtual will also be joining us at this event. I look forward to seeing you there!

I’m pleased to announce that @AirEuropaVirtual will also be joining us at this event. I look forward to seeing you there!

I’m excited to share that @FinnairVA will be joining our event. I can’t wait to see you there!

1 Like

Let’s get more people!

We can’t wait for that day to arrive.

1 Like