Canyon Blues and C-17’s @PHX

hello all, it has been a minute since i’ve last spotted in phoenix. precisely 63360 minutes to be exact.

anyway i looked at the flight boards and noticed there would be a bunch of the remaining 29 canyon blues so i took the opportunity to see some of them. I ended up seeing 4 of them including the last -700 with splits.

coupled with other military surprises it was a great day to be back at the airport.

enjoy

the first CB of the day was this -800 headed off to SFO

soon followed the last CB -700 with splits headed out for Omaha

then we had this rocker of an Alaska jet power out for the PNW

the 3rd CB of the morning headed out for a destination i do not remember

the first C-17 to depart. this was ironically my dad’s jet (the SWA one) with this c-17 in the background. a shot that he now wants to get framed.

then we had this JSX embraer leak fuel on departure

the 2nd moose headed out for an unknown destination

another rocker being this AA max 8 head out for SNA

then a C-130 departed 🤷‍♂️

closing out the topic with the 4th CB of the day blasting off for someplace east!

Favorite?

0 voters

Rate!

0 voters

thank you for viewing!

30 Likes

me when blue plane.

6 Likes

blue ish purple go brrrrr

2 Likes

These are amazing pictures!!! Doing Canyon Blue justice!

2 Likes

My old Canyon Purple for you.

6 Likes

Love the 5th pic!

1 Like

Nice photos, all of them! But two in particular I found curious. For the Embraer, have you ever seen such a fuel venting before? I was pretty surprised but then found:

(2) Embraer 145 Fuel Leak In Flight - YouTube

Also, for your last photo, did you purposefully frame the highest 3 homes on the south face of Camelback Mountain? Because the angle would require a lot of accuracy, it’d be kind of amazing if it was by accident?

1 Like

one of those C-17’s came to me here at PHOG

1 Like

Let’s gooooo southwest shouldnt have got rid of the canyon blues

1 Like

Southwest shouldn’t have gotten rid of Canyon Blue to begin with.

3 Likes

And the Desert Gold

2 Likes

But then there Canyon Blue wouldn’t have been a thing. Although Desert Gold, in my opinion, was their best livery.

2 Likes

I’m hoping that when Southwest begins getting the max 7, they at least have a few with the desert gold and canyon blue liveries. I really want to see my pfp become a real aircraft from Southwest

2 Likes

i’ve seen quite a few JSX jets before, never have seen them vent fuel like i did today, considering i saw two more of them after that

and for the houses, no that was not planned at all lmao

2 Likes

These are beautiful 😍😍😍

1 Like

What an amazing shot 😯

2 Likes

Canyon Blue was their best livery. Their current one is horrible

2 Likes

Though I already commented, I’m going to lean into this one. I overly agree with this! To me this is a 1 in 1000 shot. It’s certainly got to be one of my picks for top shots of the year (or more).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.