Can't log in to forums without password change

This issue started the morning of 10/18/16. I can enter my email and password, a brief loading screen appears and then it just goes away. I’m left back on the home page, not logged in as if I never clicked log in. However, if I select “forgot password” and change it, I’m logged straight in. I found a post that seemed similar at first, the recommendation was to clear the cache. Unfortunately this is occurring on three different devices. One phone and two different computers. I welcome any helpful advice. I posted this in Meta because it doesn’t have to do with the IF app itself but feel free to move it if necessary. Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

@BrunoC has also had this issue.

4 Likes

I’m having the same trouble and I’m doing the exact thing since Tuesday…I tried in my phone and my laptop…

2 Likes

I have as well, on my phone. I simply changed my password to what I thought it was, signed in, and it worked normally. Should be able to fix your issue on all 3 devices if that’s the case

4 Likes

Same issue here… I’ll try Tish’s solution.

5 Likes

I changed my password several times but nothing, does the same thing :/ I’m still login in by resetting the password…

4 Likes

What service did you use to sign in? I’m pretty sure I originally used Facebook to create my account. I do believe when it asked me for my information it was creating a new account. make sure that’s not happening either

1 Like

No luck with that…

2 Likes

I use my gmail…

1 Like

Do you get logged in like it worked properly when you press “Forget Password” and Does it log you out every so often?

1 Like

Well I press “forgot password”, I go to my mail related to my account, I reset my password and then click in “go to the community” That’s how I’m getting in now…

1 Like

Is it logging you out, and does the password you changed it to work after you try to log in again?

1 Like

Nope. When I want to login again, does the same thing with the latest password change. So yes it logs me out.

2 Likes

Same. I can change my password to get in but then it won’t work all over again.

2 Likes

@discourse Is this a known issue? If we could bother you enough to check this out for us, as it’s affecting a lot of users, that’d be great. Thanks:)

3 Likes

i had the same issue, i just changed my password.

3 Likes

i know one way to prevent this, usually when you go on the community page through your phone it will ask you if you want to add a shortcut on your home screen (this might be only for android users). By adding the shortcut you are kept logged in at all times.

Although, my computer never logged out of my account. it was only my phones web browser.

1 Like

Interesting. I can’t log in from my iPhone, Mac, or Windows computers at work. I just changed my password again to log in now. I haven’t created any shortcuts but I have bookmarked the home page. Looking forward to a fix.

1 Like

Once I signed in, I have Apple’s KeyChain set up, so it always has my password. I don’t know if that could fix or smoothen your process if you have an iOS or MacOS device

I’m having this same issue when trying to login on Safari. However my IFC link on my phone’s homepage works fine and doesn’t give me this issue.