Can't like things.

I wasn’t going make a post but it’s time to beg.

I really like comments, any chance I can increase my liking ability?

9 Likes

This means you have reached the amount of likes and have to wait 7 minutes until you can like again.Proably because you have been liked alot of posts

3 Likes

I understand that and know the time limit - What I am asking is to increase the times I can “like” something.

4 Likes

You will have to discuss that with a mod or Staff.I doubt they would allow it

2 Likes

Do you want to make this a feature request?

4 Likes

Thanks - I am hoping see if a mod or staff is free and will see this =)

5 Likes

While it may be the hardest 7 minutes of your life, it seems there isn’t really a way around the like limits for each trust level. Hang in there, haha.

5 Likes

no promblem

2 Likes

I suppose the only current solution is to stop liking stuff. Aka stop being so nice!

8 Likes

The “like cooldown” is in effect so people don’t like 100K posts in a day just to get on the leaderboard. Choose your favorite “comment of the minute” wisely my friend. :)

13 Likes

It seems like more of a quality control thing. If you have only 50 likes that you want to use, you can only use them on your top 50 favorite posts/replies that day. This prevents people from liking every single comment they see.

4 Likes

I think @anon93248082’s issue here is that he genuinely likes every post and doesn’t know how to spread the love… 😂

6 Likes

I see it as a “Yes I agree” or “On the same page as you” cert of deal and recently there’s been a ton of things like that where I don’t want to comment

6 Likes

Don’t worry when you change your rank soon, this 1st world problem would be a thing of the past😉

4 Likes

Although the like leaderboard is for if you are very special and 8,000 people like what you say.

3 Likes

Thanks Balloon!

4 Likes

That used to be an issue I had but some wise people said to me think of a like as something precious, only use it for things you fully agree with or love, it’s harder to do then you might think now but conserve them wherever possible and I’m sure you won’t run into this issues again, it’s been a few years for me now since that message has appeared for me. Safe to say their advice was beneficial to me :)

5 Likes

IFC is preventing you from spreading your love of others posts.
(Just kidding I think It’s to prevent spam)

2 Likes

Dang, you’re a Regular, but you still ran out of likes, even with the increased limit???

2 Likes

It is to prevent you from liking every single post. If you like everything then nothing is special.

5 Likes