Can't get plane to cruise at 0° pitch

Recently i was at mach .85 with 744 at FL 350 and i noticed i couldn’t get the plane to cruise at 0° pitch.i was at around 4° pitch.was wondering if this is normal or theres something i didnt do maybe the flaps or something since am made to understand thats its cruise speed at that altitude.

I edited the title for you, not sure how to fix that.

1 Like

I noticed…thanks anyway

It’s not a bug and you’re not doing anything wrong, in real world all airliners have a pitch up cruise.

23 Likes

This is normal for the 747, it was designed to fly like that

Why exactly is that? Wouldn’t there be less drag when flying level?

1 Like

a plane surfs on the wind. if you look at the wing angles you will see that a 0 degree pitch will probably result in decrease in altitude. now this is just a guess

1 Like

Nope your right actually

Your guess seems perfect to me that 0° pitch gets me @ around -2000,-2500 Vs

You can control the pitch angle with an all-moving horizontal stabilizer without losing or gaining altitude (not in IF).

@Jan_Polet Aircraft pitch up while cruising due to the angle of attack of the wings.

2 Likes

Does that mean its possible to get 0° pitch at that altitude IRL?

tnx for sharing <3

I miss that in IF! Trim should change the angel of the entire horizontal stabilizer and not only the part at the end.

1 Like

Planes normally pitch up 3,4,or 5, degresse so that they can keep a steady flow of air flowing over there wings. If you were to pitch down to zero you would end up descending.

1 Like

@Laurens What about the 752? It always starts pitching down when I go above 270 knots.

Its physics aren’t accurate :/

2 Likes

Its not really about drag it just making sure that you keep a good flow if air over the wings

1 Like

I read Airbuses fly sometimes at a negative pitch, is that true?

AOA for the aircraft at cruise altitude is because of the wing profile, fuselage profile, and the center of gravity of the aircraft. Most airliners have a [C.G.] aerodynamic combination that needs a positive AOA to stay level at cruise giving it a nose up position cruising. Lots of aircraft have a negative cruise AOA…just depends on the plane…I think they are built this way mainly because of passenger comfort as well…no one likes the feeling of flying at 32000ft with the feeling of nose down position…I think I’m not sure if it’s really for comfort :p

1 Like

Sometimes when you have to much airspeed the plane will start pitching at like 4°. The Simple solution is to just fly slower. I have had experienced it to so you are not the only one. Hope I helped a little!

2 Likes