Can't follow the FPL

Hi everybody,

I am currently flying the 777 over the Pacific Ocean with the new SID and STARS, and it appears that my plan doesn’t want to follow its flight plan and I can’t figure out why as I followed the tutorial.

Can someone help me please ?

1 Like

It seems you have two waypoints too close together and your aircraft is doing circles trying to get to the second one.

2 Likes

no my waypoints were quite separated actually, at first I thought that it was because I had one waypoint added in the middle of the SID. but when i removed it it still went in circle

1 Like

By how much - how many nm?

1 Like

I removed the SID to see if it works a minute ago, I suspect that it was because my SID Transition was doubled If you get what I mean

1 Like

between 80 and 200 i guess, Simbrief FPL

1 Like

That is a possibility however it looks like your plane is in the middle of the ocean.

1 Like

Oh ok thats more than enough.

1 Like

Have you ruled out the simplest reasons first? Like forgotten to set gps/nav?

1 Like

I was leaving LAX, the transition over the Pacific is quite far away from the coast

1 Like

Yes of course

1 Like

Yes that’s true. Have you made sure that the part of the route “your aircraft is on is “active” - ie shows as a pink line.

1 Like

seems like it was a SID problem, I removed the SID because I think the transition had a problem. Now that it is removed I’m starting to fly straight but I’m not sure if it will continue

1 Like

ahaha of course, I would have been extremely disapointed in myself after all of this flight time.

2 Likes

Ok lets see if that solved it.

1 Like

I think I figured it out, the transition waypoint was used twice (once in the SID and once just after the SID) and I’m wondering if that confused the Autopilot.

1 Like

It probably did.

1 Like

let me get back to you in a few minutes for a follow up, thanks for the help !

1 Like

You are very welcome.

1 Like

Quick follow up :

It seems I am now flying according to my flight plan (passenger were starting to feel sick turning across the Pacific for no reason)

i think we should warn other users to PROPERLY check their flight plan, maybe in the future devs could add a bug fix that removed doubled waypoints.