Cannot Renew Subscription with Itunes Card

I have been a Infinite Flight user for 4 years now. I usually have a 6-month subscription which I have renewed each time using a $50 Apple Itunes gift card. I’ve never had any issues doing so until today. When trying to renew my subscription with a valid and redeemed Apple Itunes gift card, it wants to verify my credit card, however my credit card doesn’t and shouldn’t have anything to do with this. Previously, it would list my Itunes card and credit card, and whichever one I picked, that’s what I made the purchase on. Now, I can only select my credit card and must verify it, instead of just making the purchase with the Itunes card. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks

1 Like

Pretty sure you just need a type of payment linked to your account. iTunes is one off so it’s not a type of payment for the future

1 Like

Delete your credit card from your iTunes account and make sure auto renewal is off it shouldn’t ask you to verify a card if one is not linked.

1 Like

You can load the money from the gift card to your Apple ID, remove your card from your Apple ID so it doesn’t charge the card by mistake, then renew the subscription.

2 Likes

The gift card is redeemed, and has a set balance on it of $50, so its enough to make a $49.99 purchase on.

@schyllberg Maybe you got some knowledge up your sleeve?

1 Like

Don’t forget that taxes based on your residency come into play here as well on top of the subscription cost. If the sub and taxes are more than $50 the purchase won’t go through.

2 Likes

@Levet Yeah but still I also tried making a one-month subscription purchase which is $9.99 with a $50 card, so it should be enough.

1 Like

This is probably something to contact Apple about

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.