Cancelling Approach

Is there a way to tell an approach ATC that I want to discontinue an approach? (possibly to divert due to low fuel or other reasons)

1 Like

Simply ask for service (RV,ILS) to another airport and the approach controller will give you a frequency change.


File another fpl and request flight following to the diverting airport


Alright, thanks for the info!

1 Like

This is your best answer.

If you decide to fly to another airport, the first thing you need to do is alter your flightplan, so the approach controller knows you are no longer going to his airport. Then request flight following to your new airport.

Approach controller will keep you on his frequency, and may give you vectors or altitude instructions to guide you around incoming traffic. When you have left his airspace, Approach controller will approve frequency change.


This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.