(Cancelled) Remembrance Day @ EGVN - 111000ZNOV17

Server: Training

Region: The World

Airport: EGVN

Time: 1000Z

NOTAM: Please be respectful and obey ATC instructions, this is a serious event.

About the event
This event is to remember and give thanks to those who lost their lives in the First and Second World War, we will be remembering the 132,7 Million men, woman, and animals who lost their lives for our freedom. The First World War took place from 1914 to 1918, and the second took place from 1939 to 1945.

Where?
As most of the conflict in both wars took place in Central Europe, we will be taking off from RAF Brize Norton (EGVN) and arriving at Paris Le Bourget, we will be flying over Dunkirk, then to Waregem, then turning and landing in Paris (LFPB)

Aircraft
Aircraft allowed
C-17 (2 MAXIMUM)
Lockheed Martin C-130H (Royal Netherland Air Force, US Navy and Fat Albert)
Lockheed Martin C-130J (ALL EXCEPT USAF HURRICANE HUNTER AND USCG)
Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 (ALL EXCEPT ROYAL OMAN)
Lockheed Martin P-38
Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII

Gates
Changes will be made if needed
C-130 Stands
Stand 1 - @Josh_Tomaz
Stand 2 - @morgan99
Stand 3 - @Jimmily
Stand 4
Stand 5
Stand 6

C-17 Stands
Stand 19
Stand 20

Fighter Stands
Stand 34
Stand 36
Stand 49
Stand 50

Route
Will be established later.
IMG_0973

9 Likes

You have a big heart and really care well done I wish I could join but it would be to late here.

My great grandfather was a Spitfire pilot and his brother was a bomb aimer on a Lancaster. Unfortunately his brother lost his life after his aircraft was shot down and he was taken POW, he then fell ill and passed away while in Germany.

1 Like

What an honourable event. I would be privileged to attend.

1 Like

What Aircraft would you like?

1 Like

RAF c130 please. Just a quick question, are we going to be flying low level over dunkirk?

Most probably will be

1 Like

Sorry that I will be unable to attend however a really great and well planned event which I hope will be well supported by the community.

Hi, Iā€™d like to join the event with a C-130H in Royal Netherland AF, thanks!

Hi there, unfortunately due to the short amount of participants, the event has been called off.

Oh what a shame! But thanks for your working and I think this meanful event is great.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.