(Cancelled Due to Lack of Attendants) From Charleston To The World - Sort Of: A Flyout Event @ KCHS - 161800ZFEB19

Charleston is probably one of my favorite cities in the Southeastern U.S., home to many sites around the area and the Boeing site at the airport, where the 787-10 and 787-9 are built. It is the second largest city in South Carolina as of 2017. It will also soon have it’s first transatlantic service to London starting on April 4th, a twice-weekly seasonal service.

Event Information
2019-02-16T18:00:00Z
Server: Expert
Airport: Charleston International Airport/AFB - KCHS
NOTAMS
Unicom will most likely be the primary source of ATC comms during the event, so please act professionally at all times.

You are responsible for coming up with your own flight plans and fuel planning. Before the day of the event, the departure runway will be announced.

Spawn at your respective gate 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled event time.

Due to a small number of gates for commercial flights and each airline having a limited number of gates, not every single route in the Airlines & Destinations list will be available. If you can change your mind and want to fly somewhere else, just say so, and I’ll change it asap.

Charleston_International_Airport_Logo%20(1)

Airlines & Destinations
Some of the routes down below are seasonal or operate less than one flight a day. As a result, the gates won’t be the most realistic but will add more variety on the day of the flyout.

Airline Concourse Destinations
Alaska A KSEA
Allegiant B KIND, KCVG, KPIT
American B KCLT, KDCA, KDFW, KMIA, KPHL
Delta A KATL, KJFK, KLGA, KDTW, KBOS
Frontier B KPHL, KTTN, KDEN
jetBlue B KJFK, KDCA, KFLL
Southwest B KHOU, KMDW, KDAL, KBWI, KBNA, KSTL
United B KIAH, KEWR, KIAD, KORD, KDEN

Gates
includes all commercial gates + Boeing aprons, AFB aprons may be added upon request.

Concourse A
Gate Destination Airline + Aircraft Flown by:
A1 Seattle (KSEA) AS B738 @bdreslin02
A2 Atlanta (KATL) DL B712 @zand3r
A3 Boston (KBOS) DL E170
A4 New York (KLGA) DL CRJ9
A5 Detroit (KDTW) DL CRJ7
Concourse B
B1 Chicago (KORD) UA A320
B2 St. Louis (KSTL) WN B738 @Gavin_I
B3 Houston (KIAH) UA CRJ7
B4 Chicago (KMDW) WN B738 @Plane-Train-TV
B5 Charlotte (KCLT) AA CRJ9
B6 Baltimore (KBWI) WN B737 @JeromeJ
B7 Philadelphia (KPHL) AA CRJ2
B8 Denver (KDEN) F9 A320/A321
B9 Dallas (KDFW) AA A320
Boeing

Inspection Apron = IPA
Delivery Center = DC

DC1 Savannah (KSAV) Boeing House 787-10 @samdog27
DC2
IPA1
IPA2
IPA3
IPA4
IPA5
IPA6
IPA7
IPA8
IPA9
Remote Aprons

Used for overflow gates for airlines (especially Southwest) with more destinations than gates.

Cargo Apron 1 Dallas (KDAL) WN B738 @Luke_Sta
Cargo Apron 2 Houston (KHOU) WN B737 @Joseph007
Cargo Apron 3
Cargo Apron 4
Cargo Apron 5

Image Sources

In order from top to bottom:
https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/south-carolina/charleston-area/charleston
https://www.iflychs.com/

5 Likes

I’ll take the SWA gate to MDW

1 Like

Cool, I’ll take a Southwest gate to STL :)

You guys have been added, see y’all there!

1 Like

Can I take that JetBlue to DCA? :)

I’d like a gate! I’ll take the AS gate to KSEA. The only thing is, can you change the aircraft to the 738? I’ll be flying for ASVA, and that is the plane we use for this route. Callsign will be ASVA013, in case you need it. Thank you :)

I will take the Southwest gate to DAL please :)

You have been added, and I’ve changed the aircraft to the B738.

I’ve added you to the cargo apron, which will be used as additional airline gates.

2 Likes

Can I have B6 but as a Southwest 737-700 to KBWI please? B6 if you can

Could I get a Southwest gate to KHOU? Call sign SWA007.

You guys have been added, seems like Southwest is going to be the most popular airline for this event.

1 Like

Are JetBlue flights not allowed? or what?

Oh oops, lemme change that, one sec

@zand3r Got you at B6, and @JeromeJ, I’ve moved you to Cargo Apron 3. If the Frontier flight doesn’t get filled, then I’ll move you to B8.

2 Likes

@ClarenceTheAvgeek
To make it easier, I can just go to A2 to ATL in the 712 and @JeromeJ can take B6. I don’t mind the Delta flight to Atlanta. :)

2 Likes

Alrighty, I’ve moved you to A2.

1 Like

Sounds good! See you guys there!

1 Like

Event in less than two weeks! Gates still available!

1 Like

Can I take DC1 in any plane with a boeing house livery down to Savannah Hilton head (KSAV) please!

It’s been some time since last sign up, lots of gates still available! Event takes place next week!