[CANCELLED] 05MAY21 / 1600Z - Cinco de Mayo Trip to Cancun @KSTL

About Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo (pronounced [ˈsiŋko̞ ðe̞ ˈma̠ʝo̞] in Mexico, Spanish for “Fifth of May”) is an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.[1][2] The victory of the smaller Mexican force against a larger French force was a boost to morale for the Mexicans. Zaragoza died months after the battle due to illness. A year after the battle, a larger French force defeated the Mexican army at the Second Battle of Puebla, and Mexico City soon fell to the invaders. More popularly celebrated in the United States than in Mexico,[3][4][5][6][7] the date has become associated with the celebration of Mexican-American culture. These celebrations began in California, where they have been observed annually since 1863. The day gained nationwide popularity in the 1980s thanks especially to advertising campaigns by beer and wine companies. Today, Cinco de Mayo generates beer sales on par with the Super Bowl.[8] In Mexico, the commemoration of the battle continues to be mostly ceremonial, such as through military parades or battle reenactments. The city of Puebla marks the event with an arts festival, a festival of local cuisine, and re-enactments of the battle.
Cinco de Mayo is sometimes mistaken for Mexico’s Independence Day—the most important national holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16, commemorating the Cry of Dolores, which, in 1810, initiated the war of Mexican independence from Spain.

Event Info:
Time and Date: 2021-05-05T16:00:00Z
Origin: St. Louis Lambert Int’l Airport (KSTL)
Destination: Cancun International Airport (MMUN)
Airline: Southwest Airlines
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Flight Time: 2hrs 50mins
Flight Plan: Copy from me

Welcome to this special event where we celebrate Cinco de Mayo on May 5 annually. This event, will be held on Wednesday, May 5 2021. We will be doing a group flight from my hometown St. Louis and will fly over to Cancun Mexico on Southwest Airlines. As you may know, by the beginning of May, we will be having a brand new ATC which means that there will be ATC services across the whole world 24/7. Controllers get to choose which regions they would like to control and stay at that region for a month and then choose a new region. So if anyone is interested for this event, please sign up and we will be off to Cancun Mexico to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

NOTAMS: Please be aware of ATC instructions at all times because if you get violated, I will not be responsible for it. Make sure to spawn in 15 minutes before we depart and last but not least, be 10 feet away from each other to maintain safe spacing. Let the fun begin!

About St. Louis Airport:

St. Louis Lambert International Airport (IATA: STL , ICAO: KSTL , FAA LID: STL ), formerly Lambert–St. Louis International Airport , is an international airport serving St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Commonly referred to as Lambert Field or simply Lambert , it is the largest and busiest airport in Missouri. The 2,800-acre (1,133 ha)[2] airport sits 14 miles (23 km) northwest of downtown St. Louis in unincorporated St. Louis County between Berkeley and Bridgeton. In January 2019, it saw more than 259 daily departures to 78 nonstop domestic and international locations.[3] Named for Albert Bond Lambert, an Olympic medalist and prominent St. Louis aviator, the airport rose to international prominence in the 20th century thanks to its association with Charles Lindbergh, its groundbreaking air traffic control, its status as the primary hub of Trans World Airlines, and its iconic terminal.[4] St. Louis Lambert International Airport is the primary airport in the St. Louis area, with MidAmerica St. Louis Airport, about 37 miles (59 km) east, serving as a secondary metropolitan commercial airport. The two airport terminals are connected by the Red Line of the city’s light rail mass transit system, the MetroLink.

About Cancun Airport:

Cancún International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional de Cancún ) (IATA: CUN , ICAO: MMUN ) is located in Cancún, Quintana Roo, on the Caribbean coast of Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula. It is Latin America’s third and Mexico’s second busiest airport, after Mexico City International Airport.[2] In 2020, Cancún airport handled 12,259,148 passengers, a 51.89% decrease compared to 2019 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.[1]
The airport has two parallel operative runways that can be used simultaneously. Officially opened in 1974,[3] the airport is operated by Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ASUR). It is a hub for MAYAir, and focus city for Interjet, VivaAerobus, and Volaris; and currently offers flights to over 20 destinations in Mexico and to over 30 countries in North, Central, South America and Europe.

Gate Assignments

KSTL Concourse E
Gate Number Destination Aircraft Pilot
E2 Cancun B737-700
E4 Cancun B737-700
E6 Cancun B737-700
E8 Cancun B737-700
E10 Cancun B737-700
E12 Cancun B737-700
E14 Cancun B737-700
E16 Cancun B737-700
E18 Cancun B737-700
E20 Cancun B737-700
E22 Cancun B737-700
E24 Cancun B737-700
E29 Cancun B737-700
E31 Cancun B737-700

Please pick a gate and I will get you signed up for the event

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m gonna have to cancel since non of you choose to attend this event. This topic can be closed! Thank You

I wish i would’ve seen this sooner 😕