Canberra crosswind

Excellent viewing or flying conditions for runway 35 complete with crosswinds, and full ATC service thanks to Hamza and Mats on the Advance server.

6 Likes

I flew in the Sydney region in the P-38 and I regret it.

6 Likes

It has been funny seeing some guys attempting a landing with the Dash 8. Hats off too a few who have landed gracefully. Currently heading there again in the 747400 this time lol.

1 Like

My DHC8 may have slammed into the runway attempting a landing :/

1 Like

My p-38 went off the runway then slowed. the issue was that i never put brakes on but if i did the aircraft behind me would have to go around. I knew this because one I was off the runway a Cebu pacific landed.

Bah I messed up…didn’t even get to take off!!

Lined up on 35…thought I heard permission to take off, so wound her up and started down the runway…quickly rechecked my ATC log but it said take off canceled! As was already halfway down the runway I quit. Re spawned but was number 10 in the que to take off so decided to call it a night! :-(

Hope rest of you enjoyed it though.

1 Like

Enroute to Canaberra right now in an A330. Haven’t flown in it yet so this approach/landing should be interesting!

I’m sure it was a rough day for pilots, and from the sounds of it as did ATC. I watched 7 pilot attempt to land and either saw a deep runway touchdown into a spin or they simply stuck it into the ground. Fun stuff.

Pretty funny. I was at Nowra Military (YSNW), in a Caravan. Winds were calm at the time, so I decided to do some pattern work. As soon as I lifted off the runway, winds went from gusting 0 knots, to a 25-35 knot crosswind for Runway 35. Lets just say I was tossed around like a plastic bag in the wind for 3 terrifying minutes. Some how I was able come back around and make a smooth landing after floating half way down the runway lol. “IFATC Lewis” I’m pretty sure was laughing at me Lmao. So embarrassing.

Thank you! :) It was really busy, but I managed to get a decent line! Thanks to you for following all instructions, most pilots did it this time, and it makes everything more fun for everyone!

1 Like

Thank you as well, always a pleasure.

At most I had 30 inbounds… That says a lot… :P

I landed safely. Winds were only about 14 knots when I arrived. Wish I had more experience flying the a330 manually tho.

1 Like

i came in a 717 and spiraled out of control off the runway right onto a parking spot conveniently, and the next time i came in an A320 and i managed to land without rolling off of it.

I founded an airport that it was right by Canberra airport and i had this stunning view of the incoming trafficimage

2 Likes

Wow, what Airport?

1 Like

The airport is:
ICAO: YTAL
Name:Tralee

Info: It is right in final of Canberra.Stunning view and you’ll get intertained watching the traffic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.