Canadian Sunset & Seaplanes @ CYVR / CAM9

Kam in Vancouver? A city checked off my photography bucket list. Vancouver, Canada has one of the most beautiful backgrounds for plane spotting in the world, especially during Winter. It was a nice last minutely planned trip to end off my 2023 year.

Unfortunately, El Niño has delayed much of Vancouver’s winter weather. Snowfall had been hard to come by, and was basically replaced with constant rainfall. My last day of my weeklong stay gave me an opportunity though as it was only a partly cloudy day, yet the mountain backdrop was replaced with low hanging clouds. I did get to spot with a couple of my friends from Instagram and hope to return later this winter, mainly for snowboarding as I didn’t get the chance this time around.

“Cathay Paciic” reference.

There is a silly little seagull hiding amongst the fuselage. 👀

Parallel Approaches but for technically different airports.

Dash 8 causing some unique visible vortexes.

Dreamliner with Dreamy Clouds

Burnaby Skyline + Seaplane = Woah

ANA Activities (being the greatest airline)

A 737-400 with one dramatic background…

Who doesn’t love overpriced ski destinations? (Whistler)

Fun fact: This DHC-3 is over 70 years old. That’s pretty ancient.

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Nikon D800E
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Nikkor 17-35mm F/2.8
Nikkor 50mm F/1.8
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube

44 Likes

Hi Kamryn

2 Likes

Goodbye Andrew

1 Like

Hello Kamryn

2 Likes

No Marcel

2 Likes

Was this taken in the rain? Nice shots btw

1 Like

Idk I guess you could say these are alright

2 Likes

Nah dawg you paid the sun 😭

Looks beautiful

1 Like

These are photos

1 Like

I got no words. Absolutely amazing. I especially love all the sea planes, the Caravan and Dash 8 shot looks crisp.

Incredible job!

1 Like

Fortunately I had no rain at all throughout the day, just extremely dark clouds!

I guess they’re kinda okay

bro found my secret

They’re pixels.

This was my first time spotting seaplanes actually, before hand I’ve never photographed on in my life. Kinda came by surprise when one landed on the Fraser River directly in front of me.

1 Like

Common Vancouver W

Great shots

1 Like

Goofy plane

Whistling the Air

Brings back some incredible memories. Stunning photo!

2 Likes

Which editing program did you used?
I want to learn how to edit like that!

1 Like

Ayy i’ve been here before. There’s a restaurant by the Harbor and a gas station on the water lol. YVR is very nice on the inside, feels like a cabin. I have so much memories from our Summer 2023 vacation from Vancouver on an alaskan cruise. Nice pics, too.

1 Like

those seaplane photos are clean

1 Like

Lightroom Classic with an Adobe Subscription. A free alternative is Darktable.

Indeed, I flew out the following night along with having connected through YVR to Asia in the past. It’s a one of my favorite airports!

1 Like

Yes! i flew from ORF-IAH then IAH-YVR in a A320 (first flight was old and second was evo blue). Then, I flew a 737-900 (i think) From YVR-EWR and then EWR-ORF in a 738 with TV’s? no TV’s in our 5 hour flight?

1 Like

These are amazing! The stupid Èl Niño taking the snow off the mountain 😡

1 Like

Cool! It certainly made a very interesting backdrop

1 Like