Canadian Government To Buy Replacment For CF-18's

Government is planning to buy Super Hornets!

8 Likes

For some reason the Liberal Party, promised before the election not to buy F-35’s

I heard somewhere that the Canadian government is planning to buy some F 35 lighting or something similar to replace our air fleet!:)

2 Likes

Ugh, the Canadian government doesn’t know how to fund a military. It shouldn’t be a partisan issue, all the parties need to work together so we can make sure the military is funded properly.

2 Likes

Well, our previous one did, until we got this 40 year old (and really attractive) Prime Minister.

2 Likes

Well, our navy needs a lot of updating. We need to get rid of the partisan struggles and unite to make sure we can defend ourselves effectively. If every procurement project gets turned into a partisan issue, we won’t get anything funded.

2 Likes

Our? Are you Canadian?

1 Like

Worse desk ion ever to not by the F-35s, know we have little pieces of junk. Like their guns. We r so cheep we probably use .22s and .177 caliber pellet guns. And are bombs. They are probably made of aluminum… Not explosive!!!whatever. At leased Donald trump won’t have to worry about us bombing him

1 Like

Indeed I am.

1 Like

I’m serious about those pellet guns

1 Like

I would argue that the current set-up is sufficient as the CF-18s have been carrying out missions in the war against ISIS. The truth is that many of our modern fighters have never seen live fire dogfighting and most will probably never see it.

2 Likes

Well they stop fighting against Isis as far as I know. Also the Canadians need new military because it’s a bit outdated.

1 Like

Well their CF 18’s need replacing. I don’t know why they won’t just get the F-35’s.

2 Likes

They ran out of pellet gun ammo. Now they are using BB guns

1 Like

Update.

1 Like

Beacause the F-35 program is insanely expensive! Lockheed Martin promised a certain budget and now it’s $163 billion over. It’s the most expensive plane development (I even think military) program ever. Governments don’t want to be trapped in a money guzzling sinkhole so the Liberals are right to rethink their options.

The second fact is that the F-35 has horrible performance. Because they’re trying to make it a fighter, bomber, air superiority all in one aircraft, it actually loses its integrity. Instead of doing one thing really well like the F-22 or A10 it does everything but horribly. The US did a test and an older F-16 (two-seater) was able to out maneuver and shoot it down. Then there’s the hole Chinese hacking scandal with the F35 systems.

The program is plagued and I personally believe the Canadian government should look towards other fighters. Maybe even build their own, we did an amazing job with the Avro Arrow but the government cancelled that program after a few flying prototypes were built.

4 Likes

true, good point. Who knows we might fund bombardier to build something

2 Likes

Sadly having a Canadian made fighter is just dreaming at this point. Realistically the government is looking towards F-35, F-18s, Rafales, and the Eurofighter Typhoon.

There is this Canadian who wants to create a 5th gen Avro Arrow and the mock ups are absolutely stunning!

Theres also this one too:

4 Likes

The bottom one looks amazing

2 Likes

Please Canada I’m begging you to buy some F-35s and F 15s

2 Likes