Canada's VAs Present: Canada Day Extravaganza

An Official Air Canada Virtual, Porter Virtual, and WestJet Virtual Group event

Air Canada Virtual ThreadPorter Virtual ThreadWestJet Virtual Group Thread

Happy Canada Day! / Bonne fête du Canada !

Attention all: Monday, July 1, three of Canada’s major virtual airlines will be coming together to celebrate the 157th birthday of Canada!

On behalf of all three virtual airlines, we’d like to wish you a very happy Canada Day!

We’ll be celebrating VA-style with a cross-country extravaganza event. Each VA has hand-selected routes for all to join and fly. With our main flight, Calgary to Toronto, taking centre stage.

Join us for an action packed day to celebrate this special occasion! #CanadaDay2024

Will you be attending? Let us know!

NOTE: Signup is not required for this event as gates are not being assigned. However, gate selections will be posted the day of the event for participants to spawn near their preferred group.

The main focus of our event will be a Calgary (YYC) to Toronto (YYZ) flight. These two airports offer great B.C. mountain views and Lake Ontario views, respectively. A vital link between western and central Canada, Calgary and Toronto act as two of Canada’s largest airports, alongside Vancouver and Montréal.

Flight Details

Air Canada Virtual
Origin Destination Livery Aircraft Distance Cruise Alt. Duration Block Fuel Cargo Payload Est. TOW Departure Time
Calgary (CYYC) Toronto (CYYZ) ACA A321-200 1,519 nm FL330 3:15 Hrs 12,000 kg 8,000 kg 13,825 kg 77,500 kg 5:00:00 PM

Flight Plan
DCT LOMLO Q961 DAPOP DCT UDBOX DCT YQT DCT OTNIK BOXUM5

Porter Virtual
Origin Destination Livery Aircraft Distance Cruise Alt. Duration Block Fuel Cargo Payload Est. TOW Departure Time
Calgary (CYYC) Toronto (CYYZ) GEN E190 1,519 nm FL330 3:15 Hrs 10,000 kg 2,000 kg 5,775 kg 45,555 kg 5:00:00 PM

Flight Plan

WestJet Virtual Group
Calgary (CYYC) Toronto (CYYZ) WJA B737-800 1,519 nm FL330 3:15 Hrs 12,000 kg 5,000 kg 11,150 kg 64,873 kg 5:00:00 PM

Flight Plan

Secondary Routes

The three VAs have released a set of four routes each from each of Canada’s four largest airports to explore a wide range of destinations across the country! Select an airport to see some pre-selected routes to fly.

Note: All pilots flying secondary routes should plan accordingly. Flight plans, and other flight details have not been provided.

From Vancouver (CYVR)
Airline Route Aircraft Duration
Air Canada CYVR⮂CYOW B789 4:20 Hrs
Porter CYVR⮂CYUL E190 4:45 Hrs
WestJet CYVR⮂CYXT Q400 2:00 Hrs
From Calgary (CYYC)
Air Canada CYYC⮂CYVR A321 1:30 Hrs
Porter CYYC⮂CYOW E190 3:50 Hrs
WestJet CYYC⮂CYQQ B738 1:50 Hrs
From Toronto (CYYZ / CYTZ)
Air Canada CYYZ⮂CYHZ A223 2:15 Hrs
Porter CYTZ⮂CYTS DH8D 2:00 Hrs
WestJet CYYZ⮂CYQR B738 3:30 Hrs
From Montréal (CYUL)
Air Canada CYUL⮂CYEG A223 4:40 Hrs
Porter CYUL⮂CYHZ DH8D 2:00 Hrs
WestJet CYUL⮂CYYC B738 4:45 Hrs

NOTAMs are in place to ensure the smooth operation of the event. Please read through them to understand the various expectations as a participant of this event.

• Some airports listed as secondary routes cannot handle a large influx of larger aircraft all at once. Please exercise caution on the ramp, and be patience as people move in and out of available gates.
  • Our event is being hosted on the expert server, thus, it’s important that all participants fly accordingly and follow all expert server rules.
  • IFATC may be present. in any case, be sure to follow all ATC instructions, and use the traffic frequency to communicate with others in the absence of ATC.
  • Pilots of each participating virtual airline should seek guidance from their VA on any multipliers available before filing.
  • Air Canada Virtual, WestJet Virtual Group, and Porter Virtual are not responsible for any violations received during this event. Please contact appeals for violations you wish to have appealed.

Air Canada Virtual, WestJet Virtual Group, and Porter Virtual are not affiliated with, or endorsed by Air Canada, WestJet Airlines, and Porter Airlines respectively, or their subsidiaries, and/or their operations.

leaf

12 Likes

Hope to see everyone out and about to support Canadas Birthday. Going to be a big Celebration. A celebration that can bring even the Biggest Rival VAs Together. I’m talking to you guys @PorterVirtual & @WestJetVirtual 😉. Can’t wait to see the Canadian Sky’s Filled.

5 Likes

Being in both ACVA and WJVA, it’s sooo hard to choose 🤔🤔

3 Likes

Canadian Pride!! I’ll be there 🇨🇦

2 Likes

Biggest might be a little overstatement for us there 😉

Very excited to be partnering with our Canadian friends for this large scale event!

5 Likes

Hmm ACVA or WJVA! Will be from YYC for me though, home base! Signing up in case I don’t go anywhere for vacation that time! 🇨🇦

3 Likes

We are so excited to fly with our Canadian VA family!

-Sav CEO

5 Likes

ill probably be joining! gonna do my favourite Canadian route between CYVR and CYYZ!

1 Like

A great reason to pull out my favorite airplane in the SIM the Air Canada a220-300 in the Air Canada retro livery. I’ll do from Calgary to Toronto no question to asked.

1 Like

Me being part Canadian why not?!? Even though this is not a futures route, I would love to do Dallas to Vancouver!

1 Like

Do you want me to arrive at a certain time at CYYZ from CYYC? In the retro livery a220?

1 Like

All 3 Airlines will be departing on that route at the same time. If you look above in the Post to the Main Event Flight all the details are there for you.

Quick question who in the right mind would be up at 1 in the morning to fly

It’s an all day event. The timer just happens to start at 1am.

2 Likes

What a great event this is looking to be. Hope everyone is excited for it.

1 Like

Ah okay good to know

1 Like

I’ll be going to Halifax in the dash of course! 🫡🤭🛫

A true aviation professional. 😉

1 Like

Don’t forget sleep deprivation

That is why we always have coffee in our hands or in a cup holder while flying. That reminds me I need a coffee now before I plan today’s flight(s)

1 Like