Canada to Brazil in 2 minutes, Any% glitchless

I’m serious, I technically flew from Canada to Brazil in about 2 minutes. So apparently there is an airport in Canada with the code “SSGL”. This is almost certainly not supposed to be there but idk

Details
Plane: F22
Route: CMJN-SSGL
Flight Time: 2 minutes
Server: Solo

plz no flag becas hud shoing on thsi pictor
IMG_7004

fotos

Taking off in supposed Canada

Approaching “Brazil”

Landing in “Brazil”

not even the highest trained border patrol can stop me.

Thanks for viewing :p

24 Likes

lol, can’t belive someone made a mistake

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s a mistake by someone from editing, this is an auto gen airport so something in the system may have occurred

6 Likes

Primavera do Leste’s ICAO is SWPY and is located in Primavera do Leste, Brazil.

In Infinite Flight, SSGL returns Silverthrone Glacier Strip. At one point, this ICAO was correct, as the airport was located in British Columbia, Canada.

Although, AirMate recognizes this airport as one in Sorriso, Brazil.

If you recently flew into SSGL (Silverthrone) or SWPY (Primavera), it is possible there was a glitch that caused either the ICAO or the airport’s name to show incorrectly. Alternatively, the mission randomization did not function correctly. This is likely confirmed by the airport’s names correctly paired with their respective airport code on my end.

Anyway, nice photos.

6 Likes

wow, thats confusing…

1 Like

Indeed lol

It’s likely that Airmate is incorrect on this one, as Sorriso appears as SBSO on FR24 and numerous other online sources. There doesn’t seem to be an airport near the city of Sorriso with an ICAO of SSGL either.

3 Likes

@AvioesEJogos why are you 6 border patrol agents?

6 Likes

Top tier anti-A220 defense system.

5 Likes

yes, I’ve wasted 5 minutes of my life doing this

3 Likes

I’ll look into this tonight.

Thanks, all!

6 Likes

@Darkspoul, @TheGlobalAviator- after further research (courtesy of @Major-Tom), Silverthorne Glacier Strip does not exist in real life and is a fake airport from X-Plane. An educated guess as to why this airport ended up in Infinite Flight is because the Infinite Flight Airport Editing Team formerly used WED, which was developed for X-Plane. Why SSGL was chosen as the Strip’s airport code in the first place is beyond me.

Further, SSGL is the ICAO for Fazenda Falcão Airport. There is, however, little information on the field, and satellite imagery suggests that it no longer exists.

Infinite Flight Staff have been made aware and are looking into ways to remove airports. While an update may or may not be communicated, the situation has been noted.

5 Likes

You are going to BRAZIL!

3 Likes

And a good one at that.

3 Likes

Thanks man, finally, it makes sense!

2 Likes

Imagine this being taken down for “memes” 💀💀

1 Like