Canada | Region Tracking Topic

Canada Region

This IFATC region represents all of Canada which features the amazing views of Vancouver, the rush of Toronto, and a fun flight no matter what you’re in the mood for.

Check the topic comments below to see what frequencies are being staffed by ATC in this region, important airport information, and more!

STAFFED EVENTS

Do you want IFATC to staff your event? Publish your event in the #live:events category, ensure you use the correct region tag for your event’s location, and a member assigned to the ATC region will express their team’s intent to provide services for your event.

EVENTS:

FAQ

What are ATC region assignments?

The Infinite Flight ATC (IFATC) team operates globally on the Expert Server using a region assignment program. This program allows all IFATC members to select a region, regardless of physical location, where they may control any airport/frequency for which their rank qualifies. Members will remain in their assigned region for 30 days before being eligible to transfer. Extended assignments allow for more ATC proficiency and familiarity in the assigned region!

How can I join IFATC?

Head to our ATC Recruiting Topic, read all instructions, ensure you meet the requirements, then submit an application to begin!

How does a "Region Tracking Topic" work?

Each assignable region of IFATC has it’s own tracking topic for improved ATC/pilot engagement which offers controllers an additional location to indicate which airports they’re opening in real-time. Controllers may advise when opening and closing by commenting on this topic. Pilots should avoid commenting with excessive ATC requests.

How can I see the current IFATC region staffing?

The number of controllers assigned to each region can be found by visiting if-atc.com/stats. Looking for more ATC in a particular region? Join the effort and become part of the staffing you want to see!

Do I need Staff/Moderator permission to receive IFATC staffing at my event?

No, members of the assigned region are encouraged to comment directly on the published #live:events to express their team’s intent to provide ATC services! Event creators should avoid contacting individual controllers privately for service, instead publishing the event publicly.

How can I improve the likelihood of ATC staffing my event?

When creating an event with ATC in mind ensure the following:

• The featured airports have ATC frequencies
  • The featured airports has ample parking and ramp space
  • The featured theme would be complimented by ATC (airshows and landing competitions are often best without ATC on the Casual Server)
  • The event offers a variety of airports in reasonable proximity to allow for a smooth flow of Air Traffic
  • Event instructions are clear, concise, and not overly restrictive
How can I appeal my Level 2 or 3 Violation?

If reported by ATC on the Expert Server for an infraction you will be issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Violation. This may be appealed here on the Community Forum by sending a direct message to @appeals where you should provide your callsign, display name, location, details surrounding the report, and a replay file which can easily be uploaded here!

19 Likes

hey canadians👋

4 Likes

hey all, the canada team will be opening CYYZ and CYOW with FIRs starting at 1930Z today!

2 Likes

Adding onto Robert with some more details…

• CYOW GTS will be open - Controlled by @CR3W
  • CYYZ GTS will be open - Controlled by @robert_xing
  • CYUL GTS may be open
  • Toronto and Montréal centre’s will be open - Controlled by @Aaron.C

You can expect full service between Toronto and Montréal/Ottawa, and between Ottawa and Montréal if you choose. :)

Realistic operations will be used where applicable.

5 Likes

Toronto Pearson (YYZ) local (Tower & Ground) will be open for 2 more hours.

1 Like

Yellowknife Airport (CYZF/YZF)

🇨🇦

Open Frequencies:

Ground : 121.90MHz
Tower : 118.50MHz
ATIS : 128.40MHz

Runway In Use:

Departing : 10, 34
Landing : 10, 34

Open Time :

Operating Hours : 2021-05-11T14:00:00Z to 2021-05-11T14:30:00Z

Remarks :

ATIS :

Yellowknife airport, ATIS information ALPHA, time 1424 ZULU, Wind 040 at 6 Visibility 15, Temperature -1, Dew Point -5, Altimeter 3030. Landing Runways 10 and 28, Departing Runways 10 and 28. Notams, aircraft size restrictions in effect. Advise on initial contact, you have information ALPHA.

2 Likes

My HOMETOWN. YES❕🙏

1 Like

Radar services will also be provided from about 1620-1800

Vancouver Tower & Ground is now open!

I confirm Montréal Ground & Tower will be open from 0900Z to 1500Z today.

Edit: It is open!

1 Like

Yes! Can we get some ATC at CYEG Edmonton

ATC to be opened at CYOW and CYUL. A very fun yet short flight. From there, fly in from various US East destinations or other Canadian destinations. Unknown length of time of opening, but we will be opening within the next 15 minutes.

1 Like

CYYZ has been opened too! Get in the air!

1 Like

AIRPORT:

FREQUENCY:

RUNWAYS IN USE:

METAR:

NOTAMS:

Open from 2021-05-31T23:00:00Z2021-06-01T00:30:00Z

CYTZ Closed- Thanks to all the pilots that arrived, departed or flew patterns.

1 Like

Halifax Stanfield International Airport (CYHZ)

CYHZ ATIS (121.00)
CYHZ Ground (121.90)
CYHZ Tower (118.40)
Halifax Approach (118.70)

ATIS:

Halifax airport, ATIS information DELTA, time 0158 ZULU, Wind 130 at 9 Visibility 0, Temperature 13, Dew Point 13, Altimeter 3009. Remarks, no pattern work allowed. Landing Runways 23 and 14, Departing Runways 23 and 14. Notams, low visibility, use caution. Advise on initial contact, you have information DELTA.

EDIT: I am closed for a Training session, and will be closed for the rest of the night.

2 Likes

AIRPORT: CYOW- Ottawa- 3D Airport

FREQUENCY:

Tower- 120.10

Ground- 121.90

ATIS- 121.15

RUNWAYS IN USE: Landing and departing Runway’s 25 & 14. GA traffic runway 22 is available.

METAR CYOW 062200Z 21014G24KT 15SM FEW060 FEW110 BKN250 32/18 A2985 RMK CU1AC1CI4 CU TR SLP108 DENSITY ALT 2500FT=

NOTAMS:

Open from 22:00Z-23:30z

CYTZ and CYOW, both of which are 3D airports are now open! Come practice for GA day at CYTZ, try a commercial route out of CYOW or try out Porters Q400 CYTZ-CYOW route

1 Like

OTTAWA MACDONALD IS OPEN! [3D]

Code: CYOW
City: Ottawa

Cool flights you can do:

Closing: At 1825Z
Notams / Remarks: Aircraft size restrictions in effect. Use of departure and arrival procedures recommended.

AIRPORT: CYYZ

FREQUENCY:

Tower:

Ground:

Atis:

RUNWAYS IN USE:

Arriving Runway 24L

Departing Runway 23

METAR:

NOTAMS: Following real world operations.

Nice ATCing!!! Thank you for the short pattern work.

1 Like