Can you sit in a Cabin FA jumpseat as an airline passenger?

Hello all,the topic title says it all, PLEASE DO NOT SAY " GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND" BECAUSE I ALREADY TRIED GOOGLE, This is for our airline pilots or anyone who would know. Can a paying airline passenger sit in a Cabin Flight attendant jumpseat?
Like if i am travelling on an airbus a320 and we only have 3 flight attendants ( that means only 3 jumpseats taken/ 4 max Jumpseats on a320) instead of 4, 3 would leave 1 open jumpseat, would i be allowed to take that jumpseat in the cabin?

1 Like

Generally any extra jumpseats in the cabin are for other crew members that might be deadheading to their destination or non revenue passengers (employees that work for the airline is a great example). I’m pretty sure paying customers aren’t permitted.

3 Likes

Not sure why anybody paying full-fare would want to use the cabin jumpseats though… those things are so uncomfortable…

4 Likes

i know, But i would like to try it, I think i actually may like it, like when im in a car i like the seat 90 degrees

1 Like

And if you’re sitting in the jumpseat, you’re essentially volunteering yourself to help out the crew serve snacks and drinks. Personally, I’d rather sit in my seat, listen to music and sleep.

4 Likes

I want to be a flight attendant… I wish they would let me help lol

Real goal is the jumpseat in the flight-deck… but that’s even harder nowadays :/

4 Likes

Im not even gonna try that one
i will try Cabin Jumpseat first

Sleep? In economy? Lol.

1 Like

As per FAA regulations paying customer cannot seat on a FA jumpseat some airlines thought allowed their employees to seat there even if they weren’t flight attendants or captains but im not sure if any airline at this moment allows that some airlines like jetBlue doesn’t allow other airlines FA or pilots to seat on the FA jumpseat neither.

1 Like

Ha! Lemme break out the FAR-AIM book real quick jk. But I bet that not anyone can ride in it as you cant just give the FA $100 and be like “lemme sit plz” lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.