Can you play IF in a plane that has WIFI?

Hello guys! On June 20th, I will be traveling to Puerto Rico with Southwest. I was wondering if anybody here knows if I can play IF in the plane if there is WIFI available? Also if anyone here has traveled with an airline that had WIFI and played IF, how was it?

2 Likes

Just curious lol^^^

1 Like

Good question! I would think that solo mode could work out, but live mode might not work because (I’m not entirely sure of this) you need cell reception to connect with the other pilots.

3 Likes

It’s WiFi, so yes. You might have to pay to connect to internet on some airlines though. Some only offer free texting.

2 Likes

I travelled with Emirates and used WIFI once, but IF didn’t work very well at all (those other apps worked well though, Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat, and Internet)

1 Like

Nah, you don’t. You just need an internet connection.

1 Like

If you can make do with 1.22 megabits per second split between everyone else in the aircraft, go right ahead. Other than that you’re likely not going to be able to fully function on IF.

2 Likes

yea, imma pay for WIFI

1 Like

Solo works. At least it did for me when I flew to Phoenix from Burbank. I was just flying and messing around for 30 minutes, didn’t actually do a full flight.

2 Likes

I’ve done it on live. It works, as long as the WIFI is good. I flew from YLW to YYC on a flight from YWG-YYC

2 Likes

Nice! What airline did you travel on that day?

WestJet! 737-700

1 Like

I’ve flown KEWR-TNCA (Newark to Aruba) in real life and flew it in Infinite Flight at the same time. It was awesome!

2 Likes

Huh it didn’t work for me even after I connected to the WiFi I just stopped loading it so I could have some battery left to get a landing video.

1 Like

Sometimes the wifi isn’t strong enough to open IF, anyways if you have data or a strong wifi connection you will be able too ;)

1 Like

Make sure you have a charger on hand, and you should be good for a short flight. For a long flight though, good luck with the .5Mbps wifi they sell for 50$

1 Like

Only on Qatar Airways. ^_^

They have an amazing super fast cheap WiFi, known for it’s high speed. I tested it twice and it was amazing. They call it the “ QR Super WiFi “ it costs only $10 for the entries flight, it is unlimited and fast. Truly game changing In the aviation Industry.

2 Likes

solo will work, i have tried it before. just make sure the aircraft livery and stuff is downloaded before hand. Also make sure that it is charged because Southwest doesn’t have in seat charging. I tried to copy my flight from KDEN to EDDF once it worked!!!

1 Like

I belive I saw someone fly, But I dont remeber if its Online or solo

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Since either way i’ll be paying for WIFI I’ll try it out and let you guys how it went!