Can you do it?

So, I was just messing around on IF and then I decided to attempt butterization on the Cessna 172. As I have heard previously, it is kind of hard. Can anyone do it?

Solo Server, KVGT, Short Final

Sorry for low quality.

5 Likes

It does sound kind of hard to me to be honest. I assume it took you a lot of grocery store trips to buy all the butter. Kind of a shame to waste it all by melting it on top of a plane.

6 Likes

That’s hilarious! 😂

Yes, making soft landings in the Cessna takes work, but keep at it! With the right technique and the right amount of practicing, you’ll be greasing those landings in no time. :)

1 Like

[quote=“pilotboy, post:1, topic:360484”]
butterization
[/quote] @Swiss quote. Thanks for Buttering your landing, Greasing isn’t the right term. 😉

@DeerCrusher made a topic about that???

3 Likes

Wait, let’s make a survey of 1,000 pilots, GA, Commercial and military. Let’s prove what term is true. But I will still say butter though, it’s my username.

1 Like

“As I have heard…”

And you believed it? Oh boy. A wise person once told me, “do as I do, don’t do as I say.” Its a twist on the “do as I say, don’t do as I do”. Anyways, the moral of the story is, don’t say that you’re going to butter your landings because someone else said so. Rather, do grease your landings (like a real pilot) and share the results.

Even the ol’ Merriam-Webster Dictionary thinks your “butterization” thing is a foolish thing to say. 🤮

13 Likes

Well, it’s pretty clear from all of the things I have heard, I’m pretty sure that

2 Likes

A safe landing does not have to be a soft or a smooth landing. I have heard something about the flare in the cessna being less controlled than the flare on a larger aircraft. As long as it’s not a hard landing you are fine.

1 Like

Neither do I find grease as a term “buttering the landing”

butterization and grease both wrong xD

Butter? What? I put that on my toast in the mornings…
I can’t seem to See a difference between
Butter,
download

and

A plane landing Great.
CaryLiao_20140331180852-680x365_c
hmmmmm

5 Likes

Definition Wars: Season 1, Episode 1

4 Likes