Can we report other players in IF?

Hello everyone good day to all!

I was having my flight from JFK to AMS when i was in the correct runway, however there was a player who suddenly took off at the other runway in front of me (I took off at Runway 4L and he was at 22R. Is there a way where i can report this player? Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

Unfortunately only IFATC Supervisors, Moderators and Staff can report users whilst flying. IFATC controllers can report aircraft when controlling if they are on their frequency.

In this situation, unfortunately there isn’t too much that can be done if a member of the community with one of the roles above isn’t around.

Let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hello there! Can’t the admin report this player? Even if he is here in the IFC?

1 Like

I believe there isn’t much that can be done after the fact unless it a severe level of trolling, violating server rules etc.

In a situation like this, even though you wouldn’t want to, it’s best to give way to others that may not be following the correct traffic flow of the airport or departing/landing on runways that are best suited to the METAR.

2 Likes

Imagine if one of them wrongfully reports me whilst flying can I still appeal ?

2 Likes

Yes, and your case would go very well in your favor if you have evidence of your innocence.

2 Likes

That’s true, but sometimes if a preliminary decision is taken, the time it takes to appeal it and reverse it is too little too late. Imagine being banned for two weeks from the expert server because someone was wrongfully reporting you (for good/bad intentions. doesn’t really matter).

Pilots who have report permissions as a pilot have strict guidelines on when it can be used. This is to try and avoid any wrongful reports to the best extent we can.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.