Can’t have fun anymore?

Hey all,
I was recording a video for my YouTube channel. I needed some nice screenshots, so I decided to try a Go-around and take pictures but I couldn’t land by ATC so I did a low altitude flyover to take even better pictures.
And then instantly got reported, no one told me ever I couldn’t do flybys.
RIP the fun in IF.
Can I even make loopings with fighterjets? Or is this still legal?

2 Likes

Not on expert , do it on casual

10 Likes

Yea but wanted some another trafic to take selfie with.

1 Like

If I am correct you could have requested a transition over the airport and that would put you at about 3000ft

Not the place to do it during busy FNF

3 Likes

A good suggestion for getting screenshots is using live replay so you don’t have to do this in flight. Live replay allows you to get angles you can’t or don’t have time for to get in mid flight. Always go with what ATC wants you to do. If there’s no reason in going around (no threat) there’s no need.

2 Likes

Didn’t know that, so transition altitude Is the lowest point to fly over a airport?

1 Like

A transition is a fly-over passing through the controller’s airspace. You need to request one with the tower frequency. They will instruct you with an altitude that you cannot go below.

Also probably not the best idea to do this during a busy FNF

-Alpha

1 Like

Still I want to fly as low as possible for better quality

1 Like

I get that but atc instructions comes first. Always listen to them. If there’s no need on doing something don’t do it. 🙂

2 Likes

This is simply unrealistic, a flyover at low altitude in what I assume to be an airliner…

1 Like

Just fly over LAX in causal, there are usually a lot of people

3 Likes

It’s called Expert server for a reason. Casual server is casual for a reason and laid back for this kind of stuff. Expert server is reserved for serious pilots only.

4 Likes

But you were on expert, which is the most realistic server. Did you not expect to get in trouble for doing a low passover?

Good to know,
Still sucks I can’t play expert for a whole week now.

Nope actually I didn’t

Look at it this way, it’s always a great learning experience so it won’t happen again. 😁

1 Like

Okay, here is the deal, if you requested a transition, you might have been allowed to fly over the airport. You can also request a transition on expert, the worst that could happen is you controller may give you a high transition altitude, or they might give you a low altitude which you may fly no lower than.

I didn’t know that until 30 minutes ago, learned it the hard way

1 Like

I recommend doing that on solo play. Unfortunately you will have to live with that report.