Can someone tell me a airplane that be good for long hauls and easy to fly and everything to know about it

Pls I don’t know the right plane for long haul and easy to fly cuz it’s hard to fly with other big planes because I just got a violation a while ago so it would be big help if I can fly the right planes for long hauls and etc

2 Likes

I’d say my favorite long haul aircraft is the 787 family. Flies well and has a great range. If you want a smaller aircraft the 737 BBJ is the way to go. Small, and has a great amount of range. 🙂

6 Likes

Like Can it do like from klax to egll?

3 Likes

It actually can! It has a range of 6,200 NM. 🙂

3 Likes

Hey!!

First off in my opinion the 787 and the A330 are the easiest long haul aircraft to fly. But starting off in smaller aircraft like the 737 and the A320 family definitely help pilots to learn the ropes. Also another amazing place to look is the #tutorials section of the forum, it’s got some important information on what you want to know and how to preform it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Also for flight planning and fuel use fpltoif.com and simbrief.com . This resources will help a ton!

I hope this helped you!

4 Likes

If you want a really good long haul plane, the 777’s are relatively good. But don’t think they’ll fly 10,000 NM they won’t 😂 but anything 7000 and under you should have enough fuel

2 Likes

I’d say that the 787-9 is quite fuel efficient and easy to pick up on how to fly. I do a usual flight from EGLL (London) to ZSPD (Shanghai) and I usually have like 4-8 hours of fuel left, and the London to Shanghai is already like a 9 hour flight so it’s very good for long hauls I’d say.

1 Like

I’d say for the Boeing Family:
1.) If you don’t have trouble with takeoffs, but easily over speed on the descent and approach, use the 777 Family. The 787 is easy to over speed with on descent, if you are not used to the aircraft, so the 777 family is the way to go, as it’s harder to over speed on descent with this aircraft.
2.) If you are comfortable with descents, but have trouble with takeoffs (ie. stalling or climb performance overall), use the 787 Family. It has a much better climb performance than the 777, thus making takeoffs and climb performance not an issue for people just starting out on this aircraft.

So, overall, it is really the aircraft that you feel best fits your strong and weak areas as a pilot, when deciding on a long haul aircraft to choose.

1 Like

If you’re leaning towards Airbus, I’d say the A330 is the way to go. It has great physics (compared to other planes) and the range generally isn’t going to limit the location of your destination.

1 Like

If you’re going with Airbus

1. Definitively recommend the A330. A quick, and steady aircraft that handles like a beauty.
  2. Go with the A380. Not so fuel efficient, but it’s a very heavy and steady aircraft that is easily controlled and feels natural when flying.

Airbus planes IMO are more steady than Boeing, which is the reason I don’t fly a lot with Boeing.

4 Likes

The 787 is an amazing aircraft! It has great range and handling

3 Likes

I’d go with Private Jets
Here we have many alternatives, from Airbus, Boeing, Cessna and Daher

Boeing
737BBJ: The 737BBJ is the same size as an 737-700, but much longer range, and can easily cross the Atlantic

747BBJ: The 747BBJ is the same size as the 747-8i, and has the same range, a bit hard, but really fun to fly tho

Airbus
A318AJ: A small plane, a bit smaller than the 737BBJ also with really long range, British Airways also use it to serve London City - New York

Cessna
CCX: The Cessna Citation X is a long range private jet, the smallest jet aircraft in the business jets, able to fly very long distances

Daher
TBM930: Small Private GA Aircraft with quite a long range, crossed the Atlantic many times, probably the easiest to fly. Have been crossed the Atlantic by our own @ DeerCrusher (in IF)

The 737s are easy to fly, but the 737, a318, CCX and THM are all easier to fly than all the other bigger jets

2 Likes

The A350 would be nice but that’s Still in development 😂😂😂 so 773ER lol I use it a lot in my log hauls

4 Likes

Either the A380, 787 (any type) or the 777. I personally think that the 787 and A380 are the easiest to fly but that’s coming from an experienced pilot.

2 Likes

787 family, 777

1 Like

I’d go with the A330. Good range and quite easy to control. The 787 is a bit more sensitive around the pitch axis, so I see the A330 as the slightly more suited aircraft for the first long haul experience :)

1 Like

A380 , 22 hours lol

1 Like

Alright here we go again. Let’s start from the top down on

Downsides
A332F: Very few liveries
A333: Higher takeoff speed than most planes
A340: Too uncommon IRL, too long
A380: Extremely difficult to maneuver and requires excessive amounts of takeoff trim
742: Way too uncommon IRL
744: Has some lift to drag issues at cruising alt but has an easy fix
748: Too uncommon IRL
763: Some weight to drag issues and slippery wheels on the ground, relatively short range
772: Minor lift issues at cruising alt that may require flaps
77LR: same as 772
77F: same as 772
77W: High takeoff speed, must have knowledge on how to reach the extended range of the plane
788: Not enough common real life liveries
789: very minor lift issues at cruising alt
78X: same as 789, too long, and too common IRL

Upsides
A332F: Recently reworked with wingflex and other lift to drag fixes so feels normal when flying
A333: same as a332F
A340: A very free feeling plane and feels great to fly even with it’s size
A380: Extremely long range
742: Its look brings you back to a simpler time
744: same as 742, Lots of common liveries, and a lighted cockpit
763: If you fly it at the right weight and speeds it feels fine
772: The simplicity and weight of the aircraft makes it very easy to control and (very attractive in my opinion)
77LR: same as 772 except with some more range
77F: same as 772
77W: feels unique to fly due to its length, but mastering that will make it feel very comfortable
788: Lighted cockpit: very new feeling, easy to fly in low winds, wing flex
789: same as 789, and has several more common liveries
78X: same as 77W but without the lighted cockpit

So my final decision is the 787-9, because of how advanced it is in IF, all of it’s liveries, and how fun it is to fly with so little needed practice.

3 Likes

Very detailed, I will consider this 👍

2 Likes

With long haul aircraft you want to really feel the weight of the plane when you rotate

2 Likes