Can someone ID this Helicopter Please

Yesterday, while sitting in my room, this flew over. I realise that it is an Air Ambulance, but does anyone know type of helicopter it was.

2 Likes

Have you tried Flightradar24.com ?

1 Like

To answer your question - Looks like a Agusta Westland AW169, I get them coming over quite a bit, as the air ambulance use them! Nice looking helicopters

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. There is not any Helicopter topic that is open or that is in the categories that you have stated. Stay safe and well.

1 Like

Thank you, that makes things easier

1 Like

This one appears to be a Leonardo/AgustaWestland AW169, you can find more information about it from here or on other Google sites:

@BinaryChess sometimes it helps to give a personal touch to a welcome message instead of copy pasting what the moderators use 🤐

10 Likes

Yes, I’ve got the app, but it didn’t show up

1 Like

Oh ok, yeah, sometimes they’re hidden :(

2 Likes

Do you know of any reliable radar that picks up military aircraft by any chance?

Maybe ADSB tracker tracker? That can pick up military aircraft

2 Likes

A tip is to search the callsign in the internet, probably you will get some photos of planespotters who would also identify the aircraft

2 Likes

Many of them will still be hidden. However as this is not a military aircraft, it should still show up on FR24 or other similar tracking apps.

1 Like

Try this I guess

2 Likes

Thank you so much, that is very helpful. Just what I’ve been looking for

1 Like

No problem, happy to help

2 Likes

Good old Leonardo AW169! These things are super popular in law enforcement and HEM stuff. They’re a twin engine helicopter typically cruising about 160 knots, really cool machines.

7 Likes

Here is the Flightradar24 information (adding on @RotorGuy’s correct answer:)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.