Can someone help

Im on a long haul flight only to realize I had too much fuel, can someone check for me what the mlw for the 787-9 plz.

Reward, well, feel good abt yourself

1 Like

You know you can dump fuel, right?

1 Like

You can always dump fuel if needed ;)

Edit: Oops, sorry @Claudio.

1 Like

Dump fuel :D

1 Like

oh, yes but just to know the amount, so I wouldnt dump to much or too less :)

Check your load factor. If it is white, you are fine. If it is orange, you are too heavy and will need to dump fuel.

1 Like

Orange means that you don’t have enough fuel…

2 Likes

Dump fuel which is in the engine categorie

1 Like

On the load when it’s orange it means you’re on MLW

2 Likes

Oh, that one. Sure, I guess.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about the “FUEL”. I’m talking about your load factor. (Example: 75% is a heavy load factor). Fuel, passengers and cargo contribute to your load factor.

1 Like

Yup, makes sense now :)

1 Like

How fast does fuel dump? Im on a long haul and loaded maybe 2 hours of more than needed fuel

Don’t dump any fuel until you are close so you know how much to dump

1 Like

Ok, nobody answered your question about the MLW

425,0001 lbs
or
192,777 kgs

3 Likes

Well we were just trying to point out that it isn’t necessary to know the MLW exactly. You can just look at your load factor to determine if you are above or below the MLW. If above, OP can dump fuel when they are close in order to reduce weight.

2 Likes

I would suggest using FPLtoIF or SimBrief when doing weights. Be careful about overloading though because some aircraft do not have the feature to dump fuel. If you do need to dump fuel, make sure you are above 7000 feet

1 Like

I am not sure how fast the fuel dumps. However, how close are you to your destination? If you are close, begin dumping and monitor the load factor. If it changes from orange to white, you can stop dumping fuel.

Once you get close, dump fuel and it will stop automatically once you are below MLW

Yes, when you dump fuel, it will stop once below the MLW.

1 Like