Can someone give me tips to not be scared of flying in real life

Okay so I know this might be weird given that I am so fascinated about aviation and this game, but I am scared to go on a plane in real life. Everyone I say this to tells me that I should not be scared but they don’t give actual advise to not be scared. Something about the thought of flying thousands of feet above the air worries me. Can anyone give me tips to not be scared of flying because there are many places in the world I still have not visited but would love to visit but I am worried about the flying part.

6 Likes

Hey mate! I’d suggest you use Infinite Flight to calm yourself down. Ask yourself, has anything out of the ordinary happened during a flight you’ve done on IF? I think it will help you a lot, as (in my experience, anyway) there’s nothing out of the ordinary, except for some turbulence, if that. And turbulence cannot bring a plane down, all it can do is make you feel a little sick.

Another thing I’d suggest is thinking about the place you’re going to and how nice of a time you’re gonna have there. Maybe try looking out the window and looking at the landscapes from above, if you get a window seat.

My final tip is to chew some gum or some soft candy during climbout and descent, as it can make your ears pop due to the change in atmospheric pressure, which you may find unpleasant.

Hope that helps!

8 Likes

Bruh no that’s like the worst thing you could do 😂😂

7 Likes

Source

12 Likes

Well planes are the safest way to travel. It’s much safer than going on a boat or in a car.

Yes it can get a little concerning at times but just keep that fact in your mind.

Also order as many snacks as possible 😂

6 Likes

That’s the 3 things i do and they work a dream

• Close your eyes during takeoff and landing.
• Stick in headphones.
• Try get some sleep

Flying is the safest way to travel, your more likely to get hurt by walking on the side of the pavement than in a plane, now that’s saying something.

Also, i suggest taking a bottle of juice (soda) on the plane, also buy a lollipop or something. Sucking on that helps when your ear pops.

4 Likes

When was the last time you travelled in a car?

You are nineteen times safer in a plane than in a car . Every single time you step on a plane, no matter how many times you fly, you are nineteen times less likely to die than in your car. - anxieties.com

lil’ fun fact for ya! Absolutely no reason you should be scared of flying - only by putting yourself out of your comfort zone will you get over the fear and get used to the change of atmosphere.

4 Likes

Okay thanks guys! I feel a lot better now :)

5 Likes

It’s true, but I wouldn’t say it’s exactly comforting tbh 😂

5 Likes

I would personally suggest knowing why something happens. For example, if there is turbulence, know why it happens and not that turbulence is going to result in a crash😅 Or maybe that sound right after takeoff. Thats the landing gear retracting so just knowing what and why its happening helps a lot.

1 Like

For me when I fly(Pre-Covid times) I always just dont think much and enjoy the ride

1 Like

Not to look down over 10000 feet

3 Likes

Good idea
Applies if you have a very major fear of heights

2 Likes

Im not too scared of heights im just worried that my plane will crash thats the thing.

Just think of other things other than crashing
Aviation has improved such that crash chances are super low
Even if an emergency occurs the pilots know what to do so dont worry

1 Like

When you step into the car, are you scared that you’ll be in a car crash as well?

1 Like

Serious question^

not really to be honest. i know that there is always a chance but something about me feels more worried when going into a plane

The pilots are well trained. You won’t have anything to worry about. The chances of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 188,364 (which is 0.000531%)

1 Like

So what makes it that when you get into the car you aren’t scared, but thinking of planes you are?