Can Iranian Bound Flights Use Saudi Airspace?

Hi IFC, I plan on flying tonight and wanted know ask if flights bound for Iran could fly of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. To be realistic I want to ensure that I am using the correct airspace when flying to Iran. There is tension between the two nations and I wanted to know, does this affects the routing of Iranian bound flights? If you have an understanding of this please let me know.

*Disclaimer I am not attempting to start a political debate, I am only creating this topic as I would like to fly as realistic as possible.

1 Like

I’m not too sure about the airspace (I don’t know much about the Middle East) but I am pretty sure this belongs in #live just so it doesn’t get closed

1 Like

Since it is RWA, it is free to stay. All RWA posts get approved.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll change it

I guess it’s fine actually lol

1 Like

Haha all good

1 Like

Well hopefully someone can answer your question at least 😂

1 Like

Hopefully 😂😂

1 Like

There are no flights to Iran that require an overflight of Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Here you have a map with all dangerous airspaces: https://safeairspace.net/

So technically the FNF is very unreallistic in this pov

3 Likes

You’re right there is no passenger flights to Iran using Saudi Airspace, I just mean in general. Or if there were to be a charter flight needing to use Saudi airspace, would it be realistic to do so?

Wouldn’t recommend it. Depends what airline you’re flying, though.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies @Jacob_Layton & @Altaria55, I think according to information in the links you have both sent me that it would not be realistic to fly of Saudi Airspace when headed to Iran.

Yeah but remember don’t fly over Israeli airspace either

2 Likes

Many airlines don’t, though for example I think that Air India uses Saudi Airspace for Israeli bound flights.

Where are you inbound from? The UK?

I was planing to fly a random charter flight so it could be anywhere really

1 Like

Possibly Crystal or Omni Air International, I believe that they both do charters.

Yes but both those aircrafts have U.S. registered aircraft and I am 99 percent sure American civil aircraft are not allowed to operate in Iran airspace
" The FAA banned US airlines and charter airlines from flying over Iran and Iraq after a missile attack on US troops. The Federal Aviation Administration on Tuesday night issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) establishing a no- fly zone over Iraq and Iran"

1 Like

From what I remember, there are flights between Saudi Arabia and Iran sometimes for things like pilgrimages, so you should be able to, it’s just not a very common occurrence.

Also, Israel just opened up their airspace to foreign airlines such as Etihad from what I know so that shouldn’t be an issue either (unless it’s not open to all airlines yet?)

1 Like