Can IFATCs get violations

I was just wondering if IFATCs can get violations. I was looking at violations and noticed that IFATCs don’t seem to have criteria for violations. Blog posts also don’t seem to have this particular topic. I’m relatively new to infinite flight and may want to become an IFATC in the future.

5 Likes

Yes, they are a pilot just like anyone else. If a controller receives a level 2 or level 3 violation they are suspended from IFATC until their violation expires.

20 Likes

Yes, IFATC are not special when flying as pilots and can receive violations the same as everybody else. In addition, there are sanctions in terms of IFATC suspension for receiving them.

2 Likes

May I ask what are the different criteria on IFATC getting different levels of violation and do they get it often?

1 Like

Those are the same violations that a normal pilot receives. Level 2 is for less serious offenses (pushback without permission) while level 3 are more serious (taxiing though others). These are all defined by the system and given by controllers.

For more information on the violation system you can reference our docs at https://infiniteflight.com/guide/getting-started/pilot-user-interface/violations

3 Likes

The only exception is with level 1 violations. If you get 5, you are banned from flying on the expert server for a week, just like everyone else. However, we are still able to control.

2 Likes

We’re trained and tested to become controllers, not pilots.

3 Likes

Exactly. IFATC‘s have to recognise the rules anyway and probably automatically make fewer mistakes.

1 Like

Now I’m wondering if staff can get violations.

Technically, yes. But I don’t think a controller would want to mess with them.
Also, staff know the rules - they set them 😂 - so they’re unlikely to break them. Like IFATC, they enforce the rules, so they know what they are and follow them.

Also, the system would probably generate an L1 violation if they, say, overspeeded. However, they could remove them.

5 Likes

Ooooh! Scandalous! Well, I guess they deserve it for making the game.

1 Like

And, it would look terrible if someone spotted Laura flying with 4 violations after her pet disengaged A/P 😂

1 Like

I did get this: -->| |<-- close to ghosting a staff once, but the third on-guard worked and I breathed a huge sigh of relief 😄

“This is the first time Paradozx has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!” WELCOME to the COMMUNITY!!

to answer your question IFATC does not get special treatment. I learned this when I wanted to be an IFATC member.

1 Like

But why? I mean just because a controller gets ghosted doesn’t mean that they’re bad at controlling.

IFATC are held to the highest standards as to set an example on the Expert Server, and knowing how NOT to be reported is something that should be understood by all IFATC, considering we have the ability to hand out the exact same reports as well; in other words, it goes both ways, and if we don’t know how to follow rules, we can’t enforce them. It’s hypocritical.

While we aren’t expected to be perfect pilots, using correct gates, procedures, whatever it may be…following the fundamental rules of the Expert Server aren’t too difficult and should be demonstrated not only by IFATC members, but by everyone on the server. If you don’t know how to follow the rules of the Expert Server, you can’t enforce the rules of the Expert Server. Plain and simple.

8 Likes

We set an example for the expert server. If you get a violation from another controller. There will be consequences because that’s not the image we want to set.

1 Like

IFATC members like said above are to know their standards. It’s a consequence for breaking a rule that you should know therefore having a temporary removal from IFATC. It makes sense.

I’ve seen a number of IFATC get reported for all sorts of reason throughout my time here. It’s not common but it’s at the same time not unheard of.

I mean, I don’t think IFATC would report a staff member unless like really necessary