Can I park at a gate that is occupied already?

Quick question: would parking into an aircraft that is at a gate be considered taxiing through an aircraft?

1 Like

Yes, however you’re expected to despawn. IFATC do have leniency against it, @Thomas_G will tell you more now he’s typing =)

Also, I know you just made a post about your TL, pretty please don’t just begin making random topics to gain your next TL. It won’t get you anywhere.

4 Likes

I got reported because of that before yesterday. I thought I got reported for a good reason but I was just willing to have certainty.
Also, I am not trying to post this just to get TL2. I just wanna be sure that I got reported for a good reason.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t consider this traxing through others… In order to consider taxing through others you have to actually taxi through the aircraft. When you spawn at a gate that is already staffed, that doesn’t mean you are taxing through the aircraft . Just be the smart one and spawn in another gate :)

2 Likes

Should I inquire about my report?

1 Like

Better PM the controller with display name and callsign so its easier for him to find his screens and discuss the reason why he reported you :)

2 Likes

I was taxiing to parking, saw another aircraft at my assigned gate, parked there and got reported by ATC.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to send him a message.

1 Like

Could you please check your logbook and tell us the name of the controller?

1 Like

The logical thing in this situation is just go to a different gate. Because you intentionally parked inside him, I am not surprised you got reported

11 Likes

I can’t look at my logbook right now since i’m currently flying.

1 Like

When you done, send me a PM and we will continue there :)

2 Likes

@mkwiecek is pretty spot on here. Not more to say really :)

8 Likes

what do you mean by that?

2 Likes

He means do not taxi through any other aircraft.

2 Likes

I parked in someone who immediatley despawned

1 Like

Parking at a gate when someone is already there is considered taxiing through someone

3 Likes

What i mean is;

If you see another aircraft at the gate, you don’t actively taxi to the same gate and park “on top” of the other aircraft.

8 Likes

Ok, now I understand. Thank you very much.

3 Likes