Can I just use one engine when I’m taxiing

Can I just use one engine when I’m taxiing ?

7 Likes

Yes, absolutely. There’s nothing stopping you from doing so, and some airlines even do that in real life for fuel efficiency and to save on engine wear.

13 Likes

Yes - single-engine taxi is actually relatively common in real life, though it adds to the workload of the pilots, and you can’t really do it if your taxi is going to be really short.

2 Likes

Oh ic!Thanks for your reply!😉

OK thank you so much!😉

I know with certain aircraft types it’s more common to taxi with a single engine. Personally, I always taxi with a single engine with the Dash 8-400 since it’s real life procedure at most airports. It makes things seem more realistic in my opinion.

1 Like

Another thing that’s done with most aircraft types is that engines are shut off when it’s apparent that the aircraft will be on the ground for a while. There have been times when I was something like 14th for departure and tower was using the same runway for arrivals as well, and in such a case you’d be on the ground for a while. I usually turn off the number one engine if something like that’s happening, and switch it back on when I’m closer to the holding point.

1 Like

Can confirm what the others say above! I’ve been on quite the amount of flights and most of the medium haul aircraft I fly (737’s, A321’s) all use 1 engine taxies for majority of the flights.

Heavy airliners don’t do it often due to needing both / all engines to get em rolling.

2 Likes

Oh ic I try it in the A350 and it taxi very slowly now I know where the problems is, thank you so much!😉

1 Like

oh ic, thanks for your very professional reply!

Single engine taxi all the time. 😊

19 Likes

Epic Embraer pilot, if only, but probably not 😔

1 Like

Is it in real life?😂

Yeah, I think DeerCrusher’s an irl pilot on the E-jets

Yeah, Deer is a real life Embraer Pilot.

Ex-Embraer Pilot*

he’s one with the biz jets now

1 Like

Oh didn’t know that, that’s cool!

@GoldenYu_HK Well, thats definitely the best answer you’re going to get out of all of this 😂

Yeah 😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Yes. You can.