Can abandon airports/airfields be added to the game?

Hello this a quick question but idk how that works if people are still allowed to add in abandon airports for a good ex. Bader field in the heart of Atlantic City NJ (KAIY) an airport with over 100 years of history and had commercial flights as well but was abandoned in the early 2000s for being too dangerous and transition to KACY, But even recently it had a plane fly in too as an emergency airport. So for airports like this or abandoned completely, can they be added or are they just never allowed to be in the game? Thanks for reading.

1 Like

There are many airports in Infinite Flight that are not used in real life. This includes airfields that have been abandoned, demolished, or in other words, un-operational at a commercial use [and/or for general aviation also]. We can see that for airports such as Kai Tak, which does not exist in real life anymore. I’m sure the developers are focusing on adding operational airports, before trying to add any airports that aren’t in use anymore.

3 Likes

To put it short, yes and no. Yes, abandoned airports like Kai Tak will be added because it is a notable airport. But if it’s some small abandoned airport, then no.

1 Like

So it depends on it’s importants to aviation history and relevancey to people to be added but if it’s some random airfield it won’t be put in, if that’s pretty much the answer it answers my question.

so old mariscal sucre airport wont come, if @CaptainZac said if it has to be a notable airport?

2 Likes

That can really depend I would imagine

1 Like

Yeah sadly Tustin MCAS and El Toro have both been removed. Some airports just aren’t considered important enough to have if they are seen as ones not being used enough to be added/kept

1 Like

Then why we haven’t Athens Elinikon?

2 Likes

In this month’s data update Nanyuan airport (ZBNY) was deleted due to “no evidence of opening”.
So if the IFAET believe the airport is abandoned then it can’t be added.
Kai Tak was kept open as a one-off decision by the Infinite Flight team due to the special high profile nature of the airport. (As what Misha said)

5 Likes