Can a VA Be Based on a Real World Airline but Not really be the Airline?

I was Just Wondering if a VA Be Based on a Real World Airline but Not really be the Airline?

Thanks

Could you elaborate a bit more on it? Also if you are asking if you can take a real world airline and not follow it at all then I’m pretty sure it’s a no as it would be a waste for someone that wants the airlines name but can’t make it because it’s in use.

Because of Copyright Laws We Can’t use the Name Or Logos Like That

A VA/VO may be based both as a real world and as not a real world Virtual Airline.
For more information on this, I’d advice you check the IFVARB website

1 Like

Just change the name like @LuftyVirtual did, they are Lufthansa under a different name and don’t use the logos of the real world counterpart.

1 Like

Yeah, Okay. What about Routes?

They can be the same as no one can copyright a route.

2 Likes

But The Airline States that. Logos, Slogans and Routes are trademarks

As @Qantas094 always check before creating a VA. Some Virtual Airline’s such as Air New Zealand, Hawaiian etc are banned on the IFVARB, this is due to various reasons. But Nonstop Virtual or Kiwi are based around Air New Zealand and Lufthansa.

2 Likes

Then you will not be able to make it.

So I’m Guessing I can do that

You’re not aloud to use naming, branding etc. But you can use a name such as Kiwi air for (Air New Zealand) and still operate the same aircraft routes etc, it’s mainly the branding of it.

1 Like

Thank You!

2 Likes

If you’re looking for the IFVARB website it can be found here.

1 Like

As an example there is NSV and this VA is very popular so yes

1 Like