Can a Ejet fly from New York to London?

I want to fly a Ejet to London from New York is that possible?

2 Likes

well with stops it is possible. but i am not sure about all the way. Maybe full fuel and no pax or cargo and a strong tailwind.

1 Like

I believe I’ve seen someone do it with no passengers and step climbing. you would probably also need a decent tailwind too.

6 Likes

Darn it I wanted to do it nonstop

1 Like

you can always see. simbrief.com might be able to tell you if you can make it. Plan a flight on there with no pax or cargo and full fuel

3 Likes

Maybe when it gets a rework yes but not right now because it has major fuel burn issues.

2 Likes

Just so you know, we aren’t due to get any E jets reworks, so no need to make speculations.

1 Like

You can stop at Reykjavík and continue to your destination.
IRL they operate the A318 nonstop LCY-JFK, but that isn’t an E-Jet haha

Technically you could fly from New York to South America, Saint Helena, Africa, Europe, and then London. Not sure about direct

Even the longest range E-Jet only has a range of 2400nm - so they cannot cross the pond non-stop

Yes, but it will happen eventually. Obviously no time in the next couple years most likely, but it will have to happen eventually. They won’t leave an aircraft out!

But, yesh, I doubt it. I don’t see how unless you had a 500+kts tailwind - which won’t happen of course🤪
I might be wrong but can’t they only carry about 4 hours worth of fuel?

2 Likes

Yes that’s about right - their range is only just over 2000nm

1 Like

@Delta18. MaxSez. You can fly almost any Trash Hauler (Ejet sure) & some GA from the States to the EU!

Planning is the key,for the E, use the Northern Route, US via Canada, Greenland, Iceland Scotland, London…

Just select airports along a likely route you Eyeball on the Chart, Plan Fuel Stops enroute Base on E’s range+reserve & Devert. The E is incapable of utilizing preplanned direct trans-oceanic Routes.

Have Fun! Max

(When you Plan yr Route Turn the Chart Globe so you have a “Polar Projection) EZ,

If a DC-3 / Mustang can make it in 1942 so can you! I

3 Likes

It is impossible to stop from London to New York as the ocean is in between

@GhostCustoms… Every thing is possible. Definitive statements are are never made by the fertile mind .
Max

3 Likes

I get your point @GhostCustoms but you can stop in Iceland and Greenland, and maybe also Newfoundland.

1 Like

I’m currently attempting to do EGLL - KJFK in a E195 (on solo) right now, i’ll tell you how it goes

2 Likes

Good luck… you went the wrong way though

2 Likes

Wrong way! By the way, the e190-e2 can make it I think. Sadly we do not have that in IF

where did i make any speculations? also yes I know that we are not due for embraer reworks

1 Like