Can a 737-800 fly for 9 hours?

I saw this video that a Ryanair 737-800 on FR24,flying a delivery from BFI to DUB,but can it fly nonstop without refueling?

1 Like

Yes you can if your load isnt that much…

3 Likes

Yes. Considering this is a delivery flight so there’s no pax, virtually no cargo and thus only the flight crew on board, fill the tanks up and it’ll complete it with ease.

4 Likes

Minimum payload + tanks filled with fuel to the top = More time in the air

3 Likes

Also consider air currents

1 Like

I think it can when it is light but if it can’t they could have put delivery fuel tanks in it
image https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/4/8/8/0148884.jpg?v=v40
Example in 717-200

1 Like

A Boeing 737-700 ER can fly more than 12 hours; other models vary depending on the fuel tanks that are installed. Standard tanks allow around seven hours.

Source

3 Likes

SAS sends a 737 from copenhegan to Boston

2 Likes

Do they really do that?

3 Likes

No, they send an A330-300…

1 Like

They did operate the 737-700 prior to switching to the Airbus A330-300.

3 Likes

They used to. In the context of your first statement, you were implying that they currently use a 737 when they don’t. Check your writing style before posting.

Let’s get back onto the topic of long range 737 flights.

1 Like

I mean im not wrong they still fly the 738 every once in a while, I believe its seasonal, the 737s are in an all first class configuration

2 Likes
2 Likes

they used to send the -700

1 Like

taken at Boston Logan

1 Like

It’s a Privatair 737-700 BBJ. And chill with the attitude, thank you.

5 Likes

thats what im saying, this guy over here calling me out when I am right

It’s not my fault that you wrote your first sentence in a confusing manner. What do you have to gain by being mad to this extent? Calm down, let’s get back on topic.

1 Like

In the way you formulated your sentence, you indicated they did right now which they don’t.

Then you decided you reply in a very rude manner. This is not acceptable.

7 Likes