Cameron_Stone's ATC Tracking Thread [PASSED!]

Hi IFC!

I recently took an IFATC practical exam, and unfortunately didn’t pass. I have a re-test in about a week, and I thought that opening up for you to come and help me out would be a good way to get ready for that. I got some feedback from my recruiter, so I am just working to polish those aspects up. Feel free to stop on by!

To start off, I am open at RJTT right now. I hope some of you can pop in to fly some patterns, departures, and/or arrivals!

1 Like

Woop, sorry about that. How long you will be open?

1 Like

No problem haha. Got nothing to do for the next few hours, so it should be a decent chunk of that

1 Like

Okay, I will be back in about 30 or 45 minutes. I have planned post in 15 minutes, so yeah.

1 Like

Coming in shortly!

1 Like

I’ll be there in an 1 hr. I’m coming from Singapore. My callsign is All Nippon 802 super

1 Like

Hey mate. I was E438.

Overall pretty good job. Two details only:

• You forgot my clearance before my “go around”.

• You were fine when I requested change to 34R saying “enter right downwind 34R”, but in this case be careful, because there was a traffic taking off from 34R at the same time, then there was a conflict. In this case it would have been correct to say “enter left downwind 34R”.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have.
See you soon :)

2 Likes

Thanks man! Really appreciate you helping out :)

1 Like

Sorry got busy! I’m ready now.

1 Like

Overall, you did great as I was observing from the ground!

However, when I did my pattern, you didn’t clear me to land and you didn’t sequence me behind an aircraft on final and I was ready to turn final. Also, while on final, a pilot behind me was very close (1-2) NM and there should’ve been more separation and you should’ve noticed that.

I hope I don’t sound too harsh as I want you to succeed on the test! Good luck!

2 Likes

Which aircraft were you? I’ll try to recall what happened on my side

1 Like

I was flying a MD-10 with a northwest livery. Name is UVAL035.

1 Like

Okay I’m not exactly sure what went wrong there, but I’ll be aware of it next time. Thanks!

Great job! I was going to test you, but there literally was no need to. Because very few people had any idea how to fly, which made my day. Nice controlling!

1 Like

CLOSED

Thanks everyone for flying!

I’m watching your thread. I’ll come out next time!

1 Like

I will be OPEN at KSJC until a little less than an hour from now!

2 Likes

Coming out now!

2 Likes

I am now CLOSED. Thanks to those that came out!

Great job with the ATC!
Ground control- good
sequencing- good
clearance- good
timing- good
runway change- good
transition- good at 2,500ft
exit commands- needs work.
You gave me an exit command as my front wheel was already crossing the exit line. Once I slow down to less than 60knots you can give me the command. In addition, you just gave me an exit to the right and contact ground command. Because I landed on runway 30L you could have kept me on your frequency by saying exit to right, hold short 30R/ exit to right, cross 30R. This makes it easier for when you have different controllers as ground and tower. You don’t want ground to give runway crossing clearance if you the controlling tower had just cleared an airplane for takeoff. Overall good job! I failed my first practical as well. I’m in the same boat as you practicing for my second. Best of luck.

2 Likes