Camera Help

I think if you had a bit of a higher shutter speed they would come out a little better.

1 Like

could just move it to spotting…

I moved this to #real-world-aviation:spotting since the topics that are posted their don’t need approval

Thank you for the suggestion I will take note of that!

1 Like

Thank you!

This is a thread I used myself only a few days ago, it’s perhaps the most in depth and detailed thread I’ve ever seen. You might be able to find something interesting by giving it a read through

3 Likes

I can go through it again in case there is something I missed, I will take notes on everything! Thank you

Give this topic a look, it covers most of the basics in both shooting and post-processing: A Complete Guide To Aviation Photography [2020]
As for your settings here, I’d suggest lowering the exposure time to at least 1/400, as planes are pretty fast. Also, I haven’t ever used F8 for spotting, only went to as far as F6.3 and that was because of the lens. Seeing as you have a cropped sensor, every extra bit of light you can get you need to get, and lowering it to the minimum your lens can achieve on maximum zoom can give you headroom to either reduce ISO for less grain or reducing the exposure time for less motion blur.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip! I will keep that in mind!

1 Like

Thank you everyone as well for the help, I will take notes and hopefully my images come out better! See you in the Sky!

4 Likes

Another thing I discussed with Andrew is the quality of the Canon 75-300mm lense. From what Andrew told me, the lense’s low quality leads to soft images and sometimes out of focus

Is this correct @AndrewWu?

1 Like

Personally, I use AV mode and shoot at F/8, then i let the camera sort the shutter speed snd ISO on its own

1 Like

Essentially yes.

But porque

2 Likes

Because F/8 is the threshold so the entire plane is in focus but not grainy, snd the camera is smarter than me with the other settings

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the reply! I will keep it in mind!

Actually nice spot😉 sorry it is a bit out of topic

1 Like

Thank you! I was shocked to see it depart!

I heard that some Taiwan aviation youtuber said this plane is very rare!

1 Like

Wow I had no idea! Nice to know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.