Camera during overnight flights

What is the best camera view for my flight when it’s a long haul flight overnight? So my device doesn’t overheat or use up as much battery or anything?

1 Like

Tower, tail view/wing view and pointing it upwards, as well as the ceiling of the cockpit. I also recommend turning your graphics down and lowering your brightness and airplane count.

1 Like

Damnnnn that was quick. Thanks!

1 Like

To avoid your device overheating and reducing the risk of your app crashing, going into tail view and pointing it upwards usually helps, as it will have less things to load.

Also lowering your brightness during your flight as well can help.

1 Like

I’ll bear that in mind. Thanks!

1 Like

Tail camera pointed at the sky is what works best for me.

If my 6S doing 40 hours with that camera configuration without IF’s low power mode isn’t a testament to that, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

Okay, that’s just impressive! And thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Didn’t know about this. Thanks!

2 Likes

I use ATC as you’re not loading anything in you’re just at the view of the tower at the airport you departed at

ATC can be good, or even bottom view of the plane and you zoom high on the plane.

I personally use the Instrument view (Available on some aircraft)

call me weird, but I just use free cam 🤷🏽‍♂️ works awesome for me.

That’s a great idea. I actually haven’t thought of that. Your camera could be stationary while the plane is flying, and you won’t have to download any scenery compared to just looking up at the sky (downloading low rendered scenery). I might try that on my next flight, thanks! :)

2 Likes

haha yes it sure is awesome!

1 Like

If you have an AMOLED screen make sure to use one of the scenic views to avoid burn in and keep the pixels moving. I’d also recommend regardless having the interface timeout on. If not I would recommend the tower camera as it does not download scenery.

Cign :)

I usualley just keep myself in the cockpit when doing long haul flights. This ensures that I dont crash my sim while in the middle of a flight!

The cockpit cam downloads scenery as well… The Tail cam pointing up, the free cam and the tower cam are the ones that don’t.

Cign :)

I use just the HUD view, it works for me and my iPad doesn’t get overheated

1 Like

Another thing that greatly helps keep your device cool is placing in on a stand (or something similar), thus decreasing the amount of surface area in contact with another object (such as table). This will help keep you device cooler as well, among the other methods already mentioned!

1 Like

When using the ATC camera method, your wind speed may not change during the flight as the camera sticks to 1 location. An 11 hour flight turned out to be only 8-9 hours so I reccomend pointing your tail camera upwards if you want to keep it realistic.

1 Like