calvi circular approch

to all do try this approach once. rwy 36 calvi. (LFKC) i tried but failed. and particularly to those pilots who take 10nm final during pattern. and i see those pilots more often than not. do watch this video.

4 Likes

This approach is definitely one of the most difficult I’ve seen. I’m sure I’m gonna fail, but I’m not giving up! I also take 10nm final during patterns.

1 Like

Hello @niks.goen. As I have seen in your video, its a diifult approach to do and only qualified pilots could fly. Keep in mind that can always post the approach that you find most difficult in that post:

2 Likes

Hey @niks.goen! I have tried this approach before. It is quite fun, especially doing patterns. Thanks for the suggestion! love Captain Joe btw :)

1 Like

Yep done this one i did the circular approach to rwy36

Try the circle approach at tivet airport it’s really tricky but worth it

1 Like

I only do a 10nm final when I am entering straight in, however more often than not I am following plates and averaging probably 3-5nm finals.

2nd on my list after i nail this one. :). thanks. @MarkJudge01

1 Like

its quite easy… fly a close downwind (similar to the video) at 2000 ft with a low decent rate (i prefer had flying this) till the edge of the mountains, then do a right turn for a short final…
remember to keep the speed restricted to 130kts or less (set SPD for Speed control) and use rudders/spoilers if necessary…
ive done this with multiple aircrafts… A380, CRJ-700 etc…

A380…???

spedd 130…?? as seen in this videothe set their flaps full just before the inbound turn. so they hit 177 kts their and slowed on their final. further they were at 300ft AGL right after their inbound turn.

The largest plane for this airport is an a320…

Yep… Did it on casual server though haha…
The reason i follow 130kts is cause, there isn’t an approach chart for rwy 36 at LFKC… Its only done based on ATC’s Instructions…
So i took the details of VQPR approach ( Paro Appr charts) for this to get optimised results…
Plus landing at 177kts is unrealistic…
All descent phases are about 189kts abd final approach speeds are about 120-140kts based on weight, winds and size of the aircraft.

1 Like

The chart is in the video. If it was a standard circle to land you wouldn’t need a chart, but it isn’t and is much tighter due to the high ground on three sided.

2 Likes

I’ll be practicing this real soon. Thanks for an interesting post!

1 Like

if you can report time. we can fly in together.

Hey @ATK thanks for the charts… I couldn’t seem to find but yeah… haha… I followed roughly as what Captain Joe did… Cheers

1 Like

I’ll take you up on that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.