Callsign HEAVY & SUPER allocated by IF automatically

Great idea.

Please don’t close this thread. There have been so many recent thread closings, it seems that we can’t talk about anything controversial or anything previously talked about in obscure earlier threads.

2 Likes

Yes, that could be added because I think the same ;)

1 Like

1 year later…

Was a consensus or resolution ever determined?

1 Like

No but it needs to be added

1 Like

Still regularly seeing a C172 (usually grade 1 or 2) on its own with the callsign ‘NXXXX SUPER FLIGHT OF 6’

Either Automatically allocate the prefix ‘heavy’ and ‘super’ or get rid of it completely. It’s defeats the entire purpose of it letting anyone use it. As for the flight of XX feature, maybe a pop up box or similar when you select it, that has info about what a ‘flight of X’ means and ask to confirm their selection?

2 Likes

Definitely, people don’t realise that all widebodies need a heavy allocation and that only the A380 needs super

This somewhat defeats the purpose of letting you choose your callsign. Should people be knowledgeable enough in callsigns to be able to allocate their own callsign. What’s next? If you spawn in a BA aircraft, it automatically allocates you the Speedbird callsign? This is kind of a pointless feature imho.

If they are “Heavy” that means that they are overweight for the aircraft…

No it doesn’t. You’re simply wrong. It means the plane has an MTOW over 136,000KG, which are any widebodies.

1 Like

But the airline callsign doesn’t matter to the controller, where as heavies and supers take longer to stop and exit the runway or enter the runway which requires differernt spacing

1 Like

Yes, but we currently have no jetwash feature. Maybe when it comes, yes. But in the meantime, people need to educate themselves on the basics of callsigns. People need to learn that there’s no Cessna 172 with a Super callsign. Or an A380 with Heavy.

1 Like

Good idea, I find doing it manually very annoying:-/

1 Like

Finally, someone! Finally, I’ve always wandered what it meant. That would make sense for the A380 to be called “super” because it’s a super jumbo jet.

All widebody aircraft our heavies

Actually all widebody planes are heavies

I have voted for this feature, not only will it help ATC but also will help to educate new users on the correct use of call signs.

As someone said in jest that if you spawn in a BA aircraft you should be automatically be issued with a speedbird callsign, actually I think that is a good thing. Not only adding to the realism but help pilots and ATC in identifying pilots and aircraft. Which is what they are used for in the real world!

2 Likes

For the confusion.

Don’t be lazy guys. 😂

And nobody ever listens to atc especially at KNUC…

1 Like