Callsign HEAVY & SUPER allocated by IF automatically

IF should just allocate ‘heavy’ and ‘super’ to the callsign if you are flying that category of aircraft.

I’m not sure if the majority of people realise that ‘super’ is in regards to the A380 in IF and ‘heavy’ the 747, 777, A340 etc.

People are flying around using the ‘super’ callsign when flying a 737. It defeats whole purpose of having ‘super’ on the callsign and makes it somewhat harder and more annoying for ATC as you have to manually check the aircraft type.

Can the devs delete the option of selecting ‘super’ and ‘heavy’ and just sutomatically assign it to the correct aircraft when selected?

While I’m on it, why are people flying around by themselves using the ‘flight of 10’ callsign…? Again, defeats the purpose and renders the callsign useless…

22 Likes

I agree, but since the App doesn’t feature jetblast “Heavy” and “Super” are not really needed…

2 Likes

It assists with spacing for landing, and takeoff times etc, as well as wake turbulence. But, if we don’t have wake turbulence, then why bother having the ‘super’ and ‘heavy’ callsigns…?

1 Like

LOL LOL…i saw a guy in Florida region with a C-208…with call-sign HEAVY…LOL LOL…

10 Likes

if we aren’t going to use ‘super’ callsign correctly, then under that theory, why do we even bother distinguishing the aircraft type on the flight strip then…? Who cares if it’s a Cessna caravan or an A380?.. Why? Because someone using the super callsign flying a caravan is ludicrous and unless you check the flight strip, you’d expect them to be on final at 140 knots, not 70…

3 Likes

i guess they thought their load was “HEAVY”…but it was a good laugh…

3 Likes

Auto assign would be good for aircraft type. Or, an error message when choosing your own aircraft.

Mike

3 Likes

Right, I also see a lot of people using the Super when not flying an Airbus or heavy when not flying a 747 etc. would be great to have this feature implemented.

3 Likes

Is this really that important i know it gets annoying but why is it so bad i could care less

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Uhm?
The B744 is a heavy, the A321 not.
And the only Super aircrafts are the A388 and the A225.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Oh Leigh…you should be a stand up comedian…lol…too funny

2 Likes

If it really bothers you that much turn off the atc volume on the options in settings all i like to listen to is the engien noise and the callouts

Yes @Blackbird71 that’s the solution… Turn off ATC volume so I can’t hear any ATC commands when doing ATC. Genius idea…

1 Like

@John_Preston21 the 747 is the original heavy! All aircraft capable of operating with a gross take-off weight of more than 300,000 lbs must use the ‘heavy’ suffix whether or not they are operating at this weight during a particular phase of flight (unless they are using the ‘super’ suffix obviously)

You can turn it back on if the your to lazy to do that them the devs dont need to do it because you can turn it on and off

1 Like

I think you’ve completely missed my entire point…

1 Like

Would still love to see this implemented…

3 Likes

I think this is an excellent request. Should be added!

2 Likes