Callsign for USAF DC-10?

Hi IFC,

With this weeks FNF i am doing a flight in the DC-10 but dont know what Callsign to use when flying the USAF DC-10. Can anyone help me in what Callsign i should use in IF as i dont know.

Many Thanks
AH

1 Like

Air Force, Air Guard (I think that’s one)

2 Likes

Thanls, i didnt spot the Air Force one, what numbers should i use? Just ones that i like?

1 Like

Anyone you like! IF Doesn’t provide the real callsigns for tankers, like the 60th AMW callsign is “Astro” Now the GAF put’s callsigns in the GA section. So if you see “ATLAS” it’s cause pilots put that name in the GA Number

2 Likes

“TEXACO” was a very common one during the Trijet beta. It’s easily recognizable. 👍🏻

3 Likes

Use this AIR FORCE ONE

1 Like

Or don’t. Seems that’s not a exactly a tanker callsign, is it?

Some real world callsigns that you can put in GA, although it won’t read it as it should be:

USAF
Mojo
Mobil
Texaco
Prius
Exxon
Shell
Blue
Gold
Fueller
Non USAF
Tartan - RAF
Petro - Canadian AF
Oiler -Canadian AF
Total - French AF
Luigi - Italian AF
Mity - Swedish AF
Arsenal- Turkish

You then throw in 2 digits after it, now there is a trick to this that I’m willing to share:

• The first number, is the day.
Breakdown

Monday - 1, Tuesday - 2, Wednesday - 3, Thursday - 4, Friday - 5, Saturday - 6 and finally Sunday - 7.

• The second digit is the sortie of the day, so the first sortie will take 1, the second will take 2 and so on.

Example:

Mojo53 - is the 3rd sortie on a Friday.

Feel free to reach out if you want more info.

6 Likes

Unless the US president was on board, then the tanker would assume the Air Force one callsingn. Although I doubt this would never happen so I would stick to @Mags885 callsign list.

1 Like

Here’s a long list of Military callsigns (link to PDF file):

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.udxf.nl/MCL.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj4w_XmqZfdAhVSJt8KHdtSC3EQFjABegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0922fEZlyW0rm8qacGEU7Y

I always use JetSpeed 50 as my calsign, it’s kindve my trait.

Virtually then it is gas companies the major ones

Thanks for that, that was very helpful.

1 Like

Well the texaco callsign isnt only for usaf. Seen rnlaf tankers use it aswell. Same as ESSO

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.