Callsign Colour for VA Staff

Right now there are 6 different callsign colours in Infinite Flight: White, the most common, which is for users at grade 1, 2 and 3, there’s also Green, for Grade 4, we have Light Brown (I think it’s light brown) for Grade 5 users, then we have Purple which is for Mods, Turquoise is for IF staff and finally we have Orange which is for aircraft having issues connecting to the server. Most of these colours are to represent a grade of experience and commitment this people have in the simulator and community. My proposal is to add a 7th colour to represent Virtual Airline’s staff, which work hard to keep a VA active and make this community much better creating events and a lot of other amazing stuff, which in my opinion isn’t compensated with the Grade 5’s Light Brown. Some of the colours that aren’t used right now are Blue, Red and Dark Green, so these would work for the purpose of representing them. Each VA CEO (or other selected staff member) would have to say which members are considered staff, so no confusion would be made while assigning the colour, and also for new staff within the VA.

Thanks for reading and I hope you like it!

This is an interesting idea.

VA staff, however, aren’t necessarily “important” to the point that a tag to differentiate them is necessary. Let alone, the IFVARB isn’t affiliated with Infinite Flight, so any approved VA/VO isn’t either.

As a result, unfortunately, I don’t see this happening.

I wish you the best of luck, though. 😁

9 Likes

I do not question this since you probably know more about VA’s than me, but we can select a VA in our IFC profile which is affiliated with IF

1 Like

That’s true. However @Z-Tube is on the IFVARB so he can give more info.

I do like the idea but it would be very very confusing in the skies.

1 Like

This was to cope with the v20.2 update where custom callsigns were removed.

That said, because of the VA/VO effect on Infinite Flight, there is a commonality between the two, such as VA/VO threads and affiliation.

In short, their entities are separate, but work with one another for community engagement.

1 Like

Its not a bad idea but don’t you think there would be too many people flying around with colours?

not really, how many people do you see now with colours? not so many

2 Likes

True but don’t you think they should be a special thing?

1 Like

Good idea!

2 Likes

aren’t VA staff special members of the IF community?

1 Like

Yes but there’s a lottt of them. Im not saying its a bad idea but there would be a lot of people with it :)

2 Likes

by VA staff I mean the top 3/4 staff members, CEO, COO, CF and CMO (in the example of AFKLM VA), so 2-4 members per 87 IFVARB approved VA, that makes around 261, and there are more grade 5 than that*, so I don’t think it would be too much. (* there are 107 IFATC grade 5, so makes sense there would be many more out there)

1 Like

Hmm I won’t vote but I might later :) Thanks for explaining!

1 Like